Headache and Migraine
The Headache Program at Vanderbilt treats patients who are suffering from chronic headaches, including migraines. If you have headaches that are interfering with your quality of life and that haven’t responded well to other treatments, we’re here to help. We’ll figure out why you’re having frequent headaches, then find the best way to relieve the pain. We help you live life with less pain and more joy.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all headache types and related conditions, including:
- Chronic daily headaches
- Hemicrania continua
- Hypnic headache
- Occipital neuralgia
Meet Your Care Team
- General Neurology, Headache, Movement Disorders, Neurology, Neuromuscular Disorders, Neurosciences, Stroke and Cerebrovascular
- General Neurology, Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis, Neurology, Neurosciences
- Epilepsy, General Neurology, Headache, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Neurology, Neurosciences
- Acute and Reconstructive Burn Surgery, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Gender Affirmation Surgery, Migraine and Occipital Neuralgia Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Body Contouring, Breast Reconstructive Surgery, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Migraine and Occipital Neuralgia Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Why Choose Headache Care at Vanderbilt
- Experienced doctors
Our team of neurologists and nurse practitioners has extensive experience in identifying the causes of chronic headaches and providing innovative treatment options.
- A team approach
In addition to your primary care doctor, we also work with other specialists whose expertise might help treat your headaches. For example, if you’re experiencing vision problems related to your headaches, we might consult with an ophthalmologist. If your headaches are causing facial pain, we might bring in a doctor who specializes in issues involving the ears, nose and throat (ENT).
- Personalized care
Because there are many different causes and symptoms of chronic headaches, no two patients are alike. We’ll work with you on a personalized treatment plan to address your problems, including triggers and symptoms. Our holistic approach might include lifestyle modifications, supplements, medication and/or changes in your diet or surgery.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
Migraine care: An expert answers your questions
How to get rid of a tension headache — or prevent one
Nerve-releasing surgery eases migraines for some
Before your first visit with us, keep a headache log so that we can detect patterns of frequency, triggers and pain levels. Please bring that information to your appointment, along with digital copies of any imaging you’ve undergone for headaches, such as MRIs, MRAs and/or CT scans.