The Neurosurgery program at Vanderbilt University Medical Center offers comprehensive care for a full range of neurological conditions, including brain and spine disorders. This care not only includes expert treatment, but also an understanding of the fear and concern you might be experiencing. Any neurological condition can be frightening. But we want you to know that there is hope and that, more often than not, there is something that can be done to help.
Meet Your Care Team
- Congenital Malformations of the Brain and Spinal Cord, Craniofacial Surgery, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Neurologic Surgery
- Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Pituitary Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Aneurysm, Cerebral, Arteriovenous Malformations, Cerebrovascular Disease, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Stroke/Neurocritical Care, Vascular Neurosurgery
- Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Spine, Spine, Comprehensive, Tumors of the Spine and Spinal Cord
- Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neuro-Oncology, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery
- Aneurysm, Cerebral, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Carotid Disease, Cerebrovascular Disease, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Vascular Neurosurgery
- Movement Disorders, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Neurosciences
- Hydrocephalus, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Pediatric Neurologic Surgery
- Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Spine, Spine, Comprehensive
Why Choose Neurosurgery at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Our neurological and neurosurgery programs have received national accolades, including:
- Recognition by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers as the only Level 4 Epilepsy Center that treats both children and adults in Tennessee
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission as a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Recognition as a national Parkinson's Foundation Center of Excellence for our deep brain stimulation program
- Skilled clinicians
Our team of fellowship-trained neurosurgeons and a history of excellent outcomes are the reasons patients come to Vanderbilt to be treated for neurological conditions. Our doctors have undergone extensive training in neurosurgery and specialized procedures, enabling them to deliver the highest level of care. And they — along with our nurses and staff — do this with deepest levels of understanding and compassion.
- Knowledge and experience
Our neurosurgeons perform a significant number of complex surgeries each year, many of which require advanced surgical techniques and technologies.
- Team approach
To achieve the best possible results, many neurological conditions require treatment and input from a variety of specialty areas. At Vanderbilt, specialists — including ENTs, neuro-otologists, endocrinologists, neurologists, neuro-anesthesiologists, neuro-pathologists, trauma teams, and neuro critical care — are all right here and ready work with us so that we can provide the care you need.
- Neurosurgical intensive care unit
Each of our private rooms has the latest technologies and safety provisions so that we can deliver the highest level of specialty care 24/7. We also have a state-of-the-art neurosurgical intensive care unit that’s equipped to manage even the most challenging cases.
Our doctors are leading research efforts focused on developing new and more effective neurosurgical options — including the creation of a next generation neurosurgical robot. Additionally, Vanderbilt was one of the first medical centers in the United States to implement deep brain stimulation, and we specialize in minimally invasive endoscopic and robotic surgeries.
Removing a brain tumor, preserving a smile
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including: