Our otolaryngologists at Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center offer advanced, comprehensive care for the full spectrum of ear, nose and throat-related disorders. Whether you need routine care or a complex surgery, we combine the expertise of many different specialists to provide you with personalized care.
Meet Your Care Team
- Acoustic Neuroma, Cholesteatoma, Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Therapy, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology
- Adult Rhinitis, Adult Sinusitis, Allergy / Immunology, CSF Leak Repair, Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Skull Base Conditions, Skull Base Surgery
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Voice Disorders
- Airway Reconstruction, Breathing Disorders, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Swallow Disorders, Voice Disorders
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Sleep Disorders, Sleep Medicine
- Adult and Pediatric Ear Disorders, Balance Disorders, Dizziness, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Otolaryngology, Otology and Neurotology
- Cancer, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Head and Neck Cancer, Otolaryngology, Skull Base Conditions, Upper Airway (Tracheal), Oral, Nasal, Lip, and Other Head and Neck Cancers
Why Choose Otolaryngology at Vanderbilt
- Skilled clinicians
Our doctors and surgeons are nationally recognized as leading experts in their field. With extensive specialized training, they are uniquely prepared to diagnose, treat and manage the full spectrum of ear, nose and throat-related disorders.
- Latest technology
The John S. Odess Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Clinic offers the most advanced technology and surgical techniques available. Our surgeons perform many complex surgeries, including removal of rare tumors called vagal schwannomas, plus facial reconstructive surgery.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
- Advanced care
As part of an academic medical center, we are leaders in caring for the most complex conditions. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, advanced treatment available.
- Unique voice services
Our Voice Center is staffed by a team of laryngologists, voice specific speech language pathologists and singing voice specialists. Together, we offer comprehensive voice care, including consultation and vocal training. The Voice Center also diagnoses and treats a variety of complex swallowing and airway disorders.
- Professional voice services
Musicians from all over the world come to Vanderbilt for care because of our proven outcomes. We won’t drop names, but we guarantee you would recognize many of the singers we have worked with to restore their voices to their best sound.
- Knowledge and experience
Our experienced surgeons perform more than 450 adult and pediatric procedures a year to treat laryngeal (voice box) and tracheal (windpipe) conditions. Our depth of experience translates into expert, comprehensive care for you.
- Cutting-edge sinus and sleep apnea care
Vanderbilt surgeons have extensive experience treating every sinus condition, from allergies to skull base tumors. We use the most advanced technologies and surgical techniques to customize a care plan that works for each one of our patients. Our sleep apnea team offers every available snoring and sleep apnea treatment option and is on the forefront of developing new treatments for this condition.
Tests, Treatments and Services
Our specialists may recommend one or more tests to inform your diagnosis and personalized treatment plan. The most common tests and treatments we offer include:
- Hearing tests (audiogram)
- Auditory brain stem response (ABR)
- Combined atresia-microtia surgery
- Endoscopic laryngeal surgery
- Facial nerve transfer surgery
- High-resolution scans