Otology and Neurotology
Otologists at Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center diagnose and treat ear disorders related to balance, hearing loss and skull base tumors. Our specialists provide comprehensive care for all conditions, from the common to the most complex.
Meet Your Care Team
- Acoustic Neuroma, Cholesteatoma, Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Therapy, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology
- Acoustic Neuroma, Adult and Pediatric Hearing Loss, Cholesteatoma, Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Therapy, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Therapy, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Pediatric Hearing Loss
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Sleep Disorders, Sleep Medicine
Why Choose Otology and Neurotology at Vanderbilt
- Knowledge and experience
Research shows that centers that perform the most surgeries typically have better outcomes. We have done more than 25,000 ear surgeries, including more than 4,000 acoustic neuroma and other skull base tumor surgeries. Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center has been a leading hearing implant center for more than 30 years.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
Our specialists are world leaders in otology and neurotology research. Our team pioneers many of the latest innovations. These include image-guided cochlear implant programming, development of endoscopic ear procedures, and new approaches to treat acoustic neuromas, other skull base tumors and spinal fluid leaks. Our research is featured in the top medical journals (and even led one of our physicians to found a journal, Otology and Neurotology). Our dedication to research gives you access to the latest, proven treatment options and technologies available.
- Clinical trials
As part of an academic medical center, we offer access to some of the most promising new approaches being tested in clinical trials. Find a clinical trial.
Our programs in cochlear implants and ear surgeries, including endoscopic ear surgery, are among the busiest in the country. We also have one of the world’s largest databases. This lets us study and improve our outcomes. We publish our experience to inform others in the field and train future generations of otologists.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including: