Our kidney cancer specialists at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center diagnose, treat and provide supportive care for all types of common and rare kidney (renal) cancers. We offer a range of treatment options – from standard chemotherapy to the latest approaches in immunotherapy and minimally-invasive surgery – to ensure you the highest level of care for these challenging cancers. We compassionately guide you through your diagnosis, treatment options and follow-up care to help you maintain a high quality of life.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all types of common and rare kidney cancer, including:
- Renal cell carcinoma (RCC)
- Clear cell RCC
- Chromophobe RCC
- Hereditary kidney cancers
- Papillary RCC
- Renal medullary carcinoma (RMC)
- Translocation RCC
Meet Your Care Team
- Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer, Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Prostate, Bladder, and Kidney Cancer, Testis Cancer, Urologic Cancer
- Cancer, Medical Oncology, Prostate, Bladder, and Kidney Cancer, Urologic/Genitourinary Cancer
- Cancer, Genetics, Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Prostate, Bladder, and Kidney Cancer, Urologic/Genitourinary Cancer
- Bladder Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Laparoscopy and Robotics, Prostate Cancer, Urologic/Genitourinary Cancer, Urology
- Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Prostatectomy, Urologic Cancer, Urologic/Genitourinary Cancer, Urology
- Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Testis Cancer, Urologic Cancer, Urologic Surgery, Urologic/Genitourinary Cancer
- Cancer, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Leukemia, Acute and Chronic, Lymphoma, Low, Intermediate, and High Grade, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Prostate, Bladder, and Kidney Cancer, Radiation Oncology
Why Choose the Kidney Cancer Program at Vanderbilt
- Team approach
Our kidney cancer team includes medical oncologists, urologists, radiation oncologists, pharmacists, pathologists, radiologists, nutrition experts and supportive care clinicians. We work together and with experts in other medical specialties to provide you personalized care that addresses your unique needs.
- Specialized tumor boards
At our regular cancer care meetings, experts in your specific type of cancer from across medical disciplines work together to create a treatment plan for the most complex cases. This means expert, comprehensive care just for you.
- Recognized cancer care
The National Cancer Institute designates us as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, the highest ranking by the world’s leading authority on cancer.
- Access to clinical trials
As a leading cancer research center, we offer the latest approaches being studied in clinical trials. When you take part in a cancer clinical trial, you have the chance to help improve treatment for others, while also receiving expert care from our experienced doctors and research nurses. Some of our trials take place through the international Kidney Cancer Consortium. Find a clinical trial at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
- Latest technology
As a research-based cancer center, we are at the forefront of the latest treatment options for urological cancer, including highly focused radiation and cryoablation techniques. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, sophisticated treatment available.