Weight Loss Center
At the Vanderbilt Weight Loss Center, we provide comprehensive care focusing on helping you achieve and maintain your weight loss goals. Being overweight can be harmful to your physical health — and it can also be detrimental to your overall quality of life. We have experts who know exactly how to help, and who are committed to your success.
Meet Your Care Team
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, General Surgery, Lipid Disorders
- Adult Obesity, Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology, Pediatric Obesity
- Biliary Disease / Gallbladder, GI Surgery, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, General Surgery, Surgical Endoscopy
- Benign Disease of the Esophagus, Benign Diseases of the Stomach / Duodenum, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, General Surgery, Hernias (Inguinal, Ventral, Incision), Minimally Invasive Foregut Surgery
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Biliary Disease / Gallbladder, Diaphragmatic Hernias, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, General Surgery, Surgical Weight Loss Surgery
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery, Biliary Disease / Gallbladder, GI Surgery, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Foregut Surgery, Surgical Weight Loss Surgery
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery, GI Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Foregut Surgery, Surgical Weight Loss Surgery
Why Choose Weight Loss Center at Vanderbilt
- Highly skilled teamOur board-certified doctors are specially trained and experienced in all aspects of weight loss. Our specialists partner with you and a team of nurses, dietitians, exercise physiologists and psychologists to help you meet your weight loss goals.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
- Coordinated care
Your weight loss journey goes beyond physical health. It also involves ensuring your emotional and mental well-being. That’s why we provide access to our psychologists, support groups and other health resources.
- Access to a fitness facility
You can join the Vanderbilt Dayani Center for Health and Wellness (a medical fitness facility) for a reduced membership fee. As a member, you have access to a variety of classes and specialists to help you exercise safely on your own.
As part of an academic medical center, our team is continually exploring new and innovative approaches for weight loss. To help you achieve life-changing results, we provide you with access to the latest proven treatment options.
- Bundled payment
If your employer participates in Vanderbilt Health’s Weight Loss bundle program, you may be eligible for MyWeightLossHealth – Surgical Weight Loss. MyWeightLossHealth combines Vanderbilt’s world-class medical care with a personalized approach that delivers a better experience while setting you on a course to better overall health. The program includes support and coordinated, proactive care from the initial consultation all the way through surgery and post-op follow up. *Please check with your employer’s human resources department to see if MyWeightLossHealth is an available healthcare benefit.