Peripheral Artery Disease
If you have peripheral artery disease, you know what it’s like to have painful legs, difficulty walking or a sore that won’t heal. The vascular specialists at Vanderbilt University Medical Center can help. Our Peripheral Artery Disease Program offers a variety of treatments to help your legs feel better, so you can be more active.
Conditions We Treat
We treat peripheral artery disease (PAD) and its symptoms and related conditions, including:
- Carotid artery disease
- Painful legs
- Trouble walking
- Sores that don’t heal
Meet Your Care Team
- Aortic Aneurysms, Aortic Center, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Medicine, Carotid Disease, General Cardiology, Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Abdominal Aortic (AAA), Aortic Center, Cardiovascular Medicine, Carotid Disease, General Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Varicose Veins
- Abdominal Aortic (AAA), Cardiovascular Medicine, Carotid Disease, General Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Varicose Veins, Vascular Surgery
- Abdominal Aortic (AAA), Aneurysm, Aortic Center, Carotid Disease, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Varicose Veins, Vascular Surgery
- Aneurysm, Carotid Disease, Diabetic Leg and Foot Ulcers, Varicose Veins, Vascular Surgery, Vascular Surgery and Peripheral Vascular Disease, Visceral and Renovascular Disorders
- Aneurysm, Aortic Aneurysms, Aortic Center, Cardiac Surgery, IVC Filter Insertion and Retrieval, Radiology, Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms
- Aortic Aneurysms, Cerebrovascular Disease, Diabetic Leg and Foot Ulcers, Dialysis Access, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Transplant Surgery, Vascular Surgery
- Aortic Center, Cardiovascular Medicine, Coronary Heart Disease, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy & Inherited Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and Peripheral Vascular Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral Artery Disease: Why Choose Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by leading authorities on healthcare quality. People from throughout the Southeast and across the country rely on us for the best and most innovative care possible.
- Skilled clinicians
Our cardiologists and vascular surgeons include leaders of national vascular organizations and peripheral artery disease councils. We have the only dedicated vascular medicine program in the region — including a nationally accredited vascular laboratory to ensure your accurate diagnosis. Their vast experience means expert care for you.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
- Advanced care
As part of an academic medical center, we are leaders in caring for the most complex conditions. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, advanced treatment available.
- Clinical trials
As part of an academic medical center, we offer access to some of the most promising new approaches being tested in clinical trials. Find a clinical trial.
- Online health portal
We want to make your experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. You can use our secure online portal, My Health at Vanderbilt, to contact your care team 24/7, schedule appointments, manage medications and access your medical records.