Conditions We Treat
We treat all heart conditions, including:
- Congenital heart disease
- Heart disease in oncology patients
Meet Your Care Team
Ahmad J. Abu-HalimahMD, FACC, FACP, FSCAI
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Coronary Heart Disease, General Cardiology, Heart and Vascular, Hypertension, Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and Peripheral Vascular Disease
Michael T. BakerMD
- Cardiac Imaging, Cardiovascular Medicine, General Cardiology, Heart Valve Diseases, Heart and Vascular, Preventive Cardiology
Sharmin BasherMD, MS
- Cardiovascular Medicine, General Cardiology, Heart and Vascular, Preventive Cardiology, Women's Heart Disease
Evan L. BrittainMD, MSCI
- Angina, Cardiac Imaging, Cardiovascular Medicine, Congestive Heart Failure, General Cardiology, Heart and Vascular
Benjamin F. ByrdIII, MD
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiac Imaging, Cardiovascular Medicine, Coronary Heart Disease, General Cardiology, Heart Valve Diseases
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Transplantation
Why Choose Cardiology at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by leading authorities on health care quality. People from throughout the Southeast and across the country rely on us for the best and most innovative care possible.
- Knowledge and experience
As one of the busiest heart programs in the U.S., our experience means quality care for you. We welcome all heart patients, whether you have the most common condition or the most complex.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
- Wide range of treatments
Your cardiologist can help you make diet and exercise changes or prescribe the appropriate medicine. If you need more advanced treatment, such as surgery, our Vanderbilt team can handle all of your care. And if heart transplant is your next step, you’re already at the right place. Vanderbilt Health is one of the top heart transplant programs in the world, providing patients with outstanding outcomes and access to innovative new research and treatments.
- Advanced care
As part of an academic medical center, we are leaders in caring for the most complex conditions. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, advanced treatment available.
- Clinical trials
As part of an academic medical center, we offer access to some of the most promising new approaches being tested in clinical trials. Find a clinical trial.
- Multiple care locations
We offer medical and support services with easy access locations throughout Middle Tennessee, so you can receive your care closer to you.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- CT scan
- Electrocardiography (ECG or EKG)
- Exercise stress test