The Eskind Diabetes Clinic at Vanderbilt University Medical Center diagnoses and treats adults with diabetes. Our specialists will assess your overall health and develop a personalized plan to manage your diabetes. From the latest in technology to diabetes self-management, you and your family will have all you need to live well with diabetes.
Dr. Irwin B. Eskind, who had diabetes, and his wife, Annette, provided the vision and gift to create the Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Clinic.
Meet Your Care Team
- Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrine Diseases in Pregnancy, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Parathyroid, Thyroid Disease and Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Parathyroid, Pituitary and Neuroendocrine Disorders, Post-transplant Endocrine Disorders, Thyroid Disease and Thyroid Cancer
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, General Surgery, Lipid Disorders
- Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hypertension, Internal Medicine, Urgent Care
- Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Lipid Disorders, Post-transplant Endocrine Disorders, Thyroid Disease and Thyroid Cancer
Why Choose Diabetes Care at Vanderbilt
- Clinical trials
We offer a wide range of diabetes clinical research studies. Our current studies are investigating new treatments in diabetes, including new types of insulin and non-insulin medications. Find a clinical trial.
- Advanced research and treatment
Our decades of diabetes research includes recognition with a Nobel Prize in medicine and more than 120 Vanderbilt faculty members conducting diabetes research. Today, the Vanderbilt Diabetes Research and Training Center is leading the way in advancing care with diabetes, ensuring that you have access to the very latest in treatment.
- Diabetes technology
We offer a complete range of diabetes-related technologies, such as insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems.
- Patient-centered services
We offer diabetes self-management education classes to help you and your family stay healthy. These classes, led by certified diabetes educators, help you learn not only about your diabetes, but also how to choose and use technology to manage your care. Our registered dietitians will create a nutrition plan to help you reach your health goals. This includes meal planning, counting carbohydrates and practical strategies for improving your long-term health.
- Convenient care
We also offer telemedicine, which may allow you to connect with your doctor from our Clarksville location or from the comfort of your own home. Our Nashville, Franklin and Clarksville locations allow you to have all the tests you need.
- Collaborative care
Diabetes can lead to other health concerns, including foot and eye problems. We bring together specialists in endocrinology, podiatry, ophthalmology, maternal/fetal medicine for diabetes, cardiology, neurology and dietitians and certified diabetes educators. This means your care is integrated and coordinated among your diabetes care team and primary care doctor.
- Depth of experience
We are one of only a few diabetes centers in the U.S. accredited by the American Diabetes Association for treating adults with diabetes, children with diabetes, and women with diabetes during pregnancy. Our experience translates into expert care for you.