Meet Your Care Team
- Adult Congenital Heart and Valve Disease, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Valve Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, Heart Valve Center, Ischemic Heart Disease, Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Transplantation, Carotid Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, Heart Assist Devices, Surgery for Cardiac Infections
- Adult Congenital Heart and Valve Disease, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac/Heart Transplantation, Congenital Heart Diseases, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Heart Transplant, Pediatric Surgery
- Cardiac/Heart Transplantation, Congenital Heart Diseases, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Heart Transplant, Pediatric Surgery
- Cardiac/Heart Transplantation, Congenital Heart Diseases, ECMO and Critical Care, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
Why Choose Cardiac Surgery at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute is among the best heart programs in the nation and the top-ranked program in Tennessee. Our Genetic Cardiomyopathy Program and our interdisciplinary care team is one of 42 Centers of Excellence in the United States, delivering expert care for HCM in adults and children and providing genetic counseling for their families. For more information, visit the Hypertrophic Cardiology Association website.
- Knowledge and experience in surgery
We perform some of the most complex surgeries, such as repair of congenital heart conditions and re-operative heart surgery. We are one of the largest heart transplant programs in the U.S. We lead the nation in performing such advanced procedures as pulmonary endarterectomy, hybrid approaches to aortic aneurysms, minimally invasive valve surgery and multi-organ transplant.
- Skilled clinicians
Doctors all over the world refer their heart patients to Vanderbilt. Because we treat so many people with heart disease, we have the expertise to offer you the best possible care.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
- Latest technology
As an industry leader, we develop and refine the latest cardiac care — for example, less invasive surgical procedures, and methods that combine open and catheter-based techniques. We also have been among the first to provide advanced support technologies, such as mobile extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
Vanderbilt Cardiac Surgeon Operates on Father and Son
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including: