Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center: Through the exceptional capabilities and caring spirit of its people, Vanderbilt will lead in improving the healthcare of individuals and communities regionally, nationally and internationally. We will combine our transformative learning programs and compelling discoveries to provide distinctive personalized care.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- U.S. News & World Report: Vanderbilt University Medical Center is ranked among the nation’s top 20 hospitals on the Best Hospitals Honor Roll. We are also ranked in 10 adult and 10 pediatric specialties. Vanderbilt is rated high performing in 2 adult specialties and 8 procedures and conditions. Vanderbilt is recognized as the #1 adult hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville.
- Truven Health Analytics: Among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: One of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: Grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: Among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the U.S.
- Magnet Designated: Vanderbilt University Medical Center is the only organization designated Magnet in Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: Among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the U.S.
2017-2018 Fact Brochure
Download the fact brochure in PDF format.