Vanderbilt Health’s Integrity Line (Hotline) is available to anyone who observes potentially improper, unethical or illegal behavior, or other concerns related to the medical center. This includes clinicians, staff and patients. Reports can be anonymous. They are handled promptly and discreetly. The Integrity Line should not be used to report emergencies or events that immediately threaten life or property.
How to Report
Reports may be made in any of the following areas:
- Financial matters: Accounting, fraud, theft, misuse of funds, unfair competition practices or other financial issues.
- Safety: Vandalism, unsafe working conditions, environmental issues or other safety matters.
- Billing: Concerns or questions about registration, insurance management, financial clearance, pre-service collections, financial counseling, outpatient referral assistance, patient liability, and/or customer service.
- Research: Issues involving research programs and funding.
- Human resources: Confidentiality or abuse of resources, retaliation against whistleblowers, and personnel exhibiting behavior that violates the Code of Conduct for working with minors.
- Information systems: Activities related to hacking, security risks, data privacy, password sharing, unauthorized access to systems or networks, or software copyright violations.
- Protection of minors: Non-emergency unsafe or threatening behaviors or situations involving a minor in a Vanderbilt program.
Employees who wish to report a concern can disclose their identity or remain anonymous and may report online or by calling the toll-free number. They also may report improper activities through their supervisors or to the office responsible for compliance with a specific policy. Vanderbilt University Medical Center policy prohibits retaliation for raising a concern.
The Office of Healthcare Compliance aims to promote the highest standards of business ethics and integrity. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to complying with all federal and state laws, rules and regulations that govern the healthcare industry. Visit the Healthcare Compliance website for more information.