With a brain tumor, the first step you take may be the most important. You can trust that Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center is a national leader in brain tumor treatment, whether the tumor is benign or malignant, primary (developing in the brain) or metastatic (spreading from another part of the body).
Brain Tumor Center: Why Choose Vanderbilt-Ingram?
At Vanderbilt-Ingram, we offer:
- An experienced team: Our group of experts – including radiation oncologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, nutrition and mental health specialists - is nationally known for treating brain tumors.
- Better surgical outcomes: Our doctors have performed more than 10,000 brain surgeries with a strong outcomes record.
- Cutting-edge technology: Vanderbilt-Ingram offers stereotactic radiosurgery, a low-risk, non-invasive treatment that targets tumors with pinpoint precision and protects healthy brain tissue. Our Novalis Tx radiosurgery system offers greater accuracy and reduced treatment times compared to older systems such as the CyberKnife.
- Patient care coordinators: you’ll have an individual care coordinator to help schedule appointments, communicate with specialists and address any other needs during your care.
Brain Conditions We Treat
Our team of specialists treat a range of brain conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Benign brain tumors
- Brain cancer
- Essential Parkinson’s tremor
- Pituitary Tumors
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Brain Tumor Treatments
Brain tumors are treated differently, depending on their cell type and location in the brain. There are many factors that go into selecting the right type of treatment plan. Your doctor will work with you to decide what treatment or combination of treatments is best for you.