Skull Base Center
The Vanderbilt Skull Base Center treats tumors and non-tumor conditions in or around the skull base, the area deep behind your eyes and nose. Because there are many different types of skull base tumors, including those that are cancerous and those that aren’t, each patient’s needs are unique. These tumors also tend to be extremely complex and can be challenging to treat. At the Vanderbilt Skull Base Center, you’ll find a team of doctors and other professionals, including our patient care coordinator, who have the expertise required to deliver the care you need and provide the compassion you want.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all skull base-related conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Non-tumor conditions
- Skull base tumors
Meet Your Care Team
- Head and Neck Imaging, Neurologic Surgery, Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Radiology, Skull Base Conditions, Skull Base Surgery
- Acoustic Neuroma, Cholesteatoma, Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Therapy, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology
- Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Pituitary Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Adult Rhinitis, Adult Sinusitis, Allergy / Immunology, CSF Leak Repair, Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Skull Base Conditions, Skull Base Surgery
Why Choose Skull Base Center at Vanderbilt
- Knowledge and experience
Our team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals are leaders in treating skull base tumors and related conditions. Our doctors have performed thousands of skull base surgeries and have also helped train the next generation of doctors in this specialty area.
- Team approach
Doctors from multiple specialties are brought into your treatment team when needed. These might include ENTs, physical therapists, oncologists, radiologists and others. Our multi-specialty surgery team consists of a skull base neurosurgeon, neurotologist, neuroanesthesia specialist and — if needed — a head and neck surgeon.
Not only do our doctors use the latest therapies and technologies to treat skull base tumors, they’re often involved with creating those therapies. Dedication to advancing and improving the treatment of skull base tumors and related conditions is at the center of what they do.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure that you receive the best possible care. Our patient care coordinator guides you through treatment and ensures your questions are answered. Contact our patient care coordinator directly at (615) 936-4730.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Combined therapy (surgery and radiation)
- Surgery, including minimally invasive endoscopy