Telehealth: Prepare for Your Appointment
Telehealth is the use of live videoconferencing to let you interact with your provider. Instead of driving to your visit, you can see and talk with your provider in the convenience of your own home using a smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam connected to the internet. There is no extra fee for this service. Co-pays, co-insurance or deductibles, if any, will be the same as an in-person visit. You do need to complete a few PreVisit steps before your appointment.
My Health at Vanderbilt Help
How to use My Health at Vanderbilt for Your Telehealth Visit
- Set up a My Health at Vanderbilt account.
- Second, download the My Health at Vanderbilt app from the Apple App Store or Google Play if you will be using a smartphone or tablet for your telehealth visit. You don't need an app if you access the website from a desktop browser.
- Download and test Zoom. You do not need a Zoom account to test or use the app with your telemedicine visit. If you need additional instructions or having trouble testing, scroll down for additional details below.
- Log in to My Health at Vanderbilt on your device to find appointment details. More information.
- Before your telehealth visit, you’ll need to complete your PreVisit steps. Give yourself at least 20 minutes to finish them. You can start your PreVisit as soon as three days before your appointment. If you don’t finish these steps before your telehealth visit, a member of our scheduling team will contact you to reschedule it.
You must pay your copay before you can join your telehealth visit.
How to test Zoom
- Go to zoom.us/test
- Click Join under Join Meeting Test:
- If you do not already have Zoom on your phone or computer, click Download and run Zoom
- If your computer asks you to save the program, save it where you can easily find it, such as your Downloads folder or on your Desktop.
If you are using Zoom on your phone, you don't need to setup an account to download the app, but you will need to know your app store login.
After you have installed Zoom, test it by going back to zoom.us/test.
If prompted, click to give Zoom access to the camera and microphone on your device and to let Zoom call you using internet audio.
Additional Helpful Videos
- Download My Health At Vanderbilt and Zoom on an iPhone
- Sign Up for My Health at Vanderbilt Using Mobile Device
- Disable Safari Pop-Up Blocker on iPhone or iPad
- Disable Pop-Up Blockers in Safari
- Disable Pop-Up Blockers in Firefox
- Disable Pop-Up Blockers in Microsoft Edge
- Disable Pop-Up Blockers in Chrome