Telehealth: Prepare for Your Appointment
Telehealth is the use of live videoconferencing to let you interact with your provider. Instead of driving to your visit, you can see and talk with your provider in the convenience of your own home using a smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam connected to the internet. There is no extra fee for this service. Co-pays, co-insurance or deductibles, if any, will be the same as an in-person visit. You do need to complete a few pre-visit steps before your appointment.
My Health at Vanderbilt Help
How to use My Health at Vanderbilt for Your Telehealth Visit
- Set up a My Health at Vanderbilt account.
- Download the My Health at Vanderbilt app from the Apple App Store or Google Play if you will be using a smartphone or tablet for your telehealth visit. You don't need an app if you access the website from a desktop browser.
- Log in to My Health at Vanderbilt to review appointment details and more information.
- Before your telehealth visit, you’ll need to complete your PreVisit steps. Give yourself at least 20 minutes to finish them. You can start your PreVisit up to three days before your appointment.
You must pay your co-pay before you can join your telehealth visit.
How to Test Your Telehealth Device
- After logging in to My Health at Vanderbilt, go to Appointments and Visits to view your upcoming telehealth appointment.
- Click or tap on the details button of the telehealth appointment.
- After the appointment opens, you can click or tap on the Test hardware button. This opens your default browser and automatically starts the hardware tests.
- Be sure to allow the web page to use your devices.
If your device cannot complete the hardware test, or if you have trouble testing your device, call our Help Desk at (615) 343-4357, option 4.