The Vanderbilt DDRC is one of 16 Digestive Disease Research Centers supported by the National Institute of Health. It is a multidisciplinary center at Vanderbilt University Medical Center developed to serve the following purposes:
- Promote digestive diseases-related research in an integrative, collaborative and multidisciplinary manner
- Enhance the basic research capabilities of established DDRC investigators
- Attract investigators not involved in digestive diseases-related research to pursue these lines of investigation
- Develop and implement programs for training and establishment of young investigators in digestive diseases-related research
- Facilitate the transfer of basic research findings to the clinical area
Click here to learn more about the Digestive Disease Research Center, its programs and pilot projects.