Your skin is your body’s first defense against infection and disease. Vanderbilt Dermatology offers a full range of services to get your skin healthy and keep it healthy. We offer many noninvasive therapies, such as medication and light treatments, for a wide range of conditions. Should surgery be the best course, our experienced surgeons treat malignant and nonmalignant tumors. The department also provides pediatric and cosmetic services.
Dermatology Services during COVID-19 Response
There are multiple ways to access a Vanderbilt dermatologist.
- Telehealth: Set up a live telehealth visit by calling (615) 322-6485 (VUMC Access Center). Although we cannot perform a total skin exam via a live telehealth visit, we can examine specific worrisome skin lesions and rashes such as eczema, psoriasis, acne and many more. During your telehealth visit, we can guide you on how to take photographs of worrisome skin lesions, which you send to us for closer inspection. Learn more about preparing for your telehealth visit.
- In person: If you have a rapidly growing skin lesion or rapidly worsening rash, call (615) 322-6485 (VUMC Access Center) for an in-person visit. We have at least one dermatologist in our clinics at all times, with special precautions to protect you and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meet Your Care Team
- Allergy / Immunology, Cancer, Complex Medical Dermatology, Cosmetic Dermatology, Dermatology, Dermatopathology, General Adult Dermatology
- Dermatology, Dermatopathology, General Adult Dermatology, Melanoma, Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
- Adult Dermatitis / Eczema, Adult Urticaria / Angioedema, Allergy / Immunology, Complex Medical Dermatology, Dermatology, General Adult Dermatology, Melanoma
- Acne, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Adult Dermatitis / Eczema, Adult Urticaria / Angioedema, Allergy / Immunology, Dermatology, General Adult Dermatology
- Dermatological Surgery, Dermatology, Melanoma, Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
Why Choose Dermatology at Vanderbilt
- Experienced doctors
The members of our team of doctors and surgeons are recognized as leading experts in their field. All doctor visits are with American Board of Dermatology certified, residency trained dermatologists; all surgeons are Mohs fellowship trained; and all biopsy specimens are read by fellowship-trained dermatopathologists who are also clinical dermatologists. With extensive specialized training, our doctors are exceptionally well prepared to diagnose, treat and manage the full spectrum of skin conditions.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
- Second opinions
A second opinion can help you make the best decisions. We review your medical history, diagnostic tests, any previous treatments and your personal preferences to provide you with an informed opinion.
- Specialized tumor boards
At our regular cancer care meetings, experts in your specific type of cancer from across medical disciplines work together to create a treatment plan for the most complex cases. This means expert, comprehensive care just for you.
- Multiple care locations
We offer medical and support services with easy access locations throughout Middle Tennessee, so you can receive your care closer to you.