Women's Heart Program
Women have different risk factors and symptoms of heart disease than men do. At Vanderbilt University Medical Center, we have cardiologists who specialize in women’s heart health. Our Women’s Heart Program can help reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke through screenings and personalized care.
Meet Your Care Team
- Cardiovascular Medicine, General Cardiology, Preventive Cardiology, Women's Heart Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiac Imaging, Cardiovascular Medicine, Coronary Heart Disease, General Cardiology, Heart Valve Diseases
- Angina, Cardiac Imaging, Cardiovascular Medicine, Coronary Heart Disease, General Cardiology, Heart Valve Diseases
- Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, Congenital Heart Disease, Electrophysiology/ Arrhythmia/ Palpitations, General Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Syncope
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Aortic Center, Cardiovascular Medicine, Congenital Heart Disease, General Pediatric Cardiology, Heart and Vascular, Pediatric Cardiology
Why Choose Women's Heart Program at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by leading authorities on healthcare quality. People from throughout the Southeast and across the country rely on us for the best and most innovative care possible.
- Expert doctors
Our cardiologists provide expert care with a compassionate touch. Their specialized training makes them uniquely skilled to care for you.
- Team approach
Our team works with you to evaluate your overall health, recommend ways to help you prevent heart disease and manage heart disease if it happens. Our registered dietitians can help you plan delicious, heart-healthy meals. Our experts can help you quit smoking or plan an exercise routine, if needed. We also work with your primary care doctor to ensure consistent care every step of the way.
- Access to specialists
At Vanderbilt, you have access to some of the top specialists in the country. For example, Vanderbilt Women's Health includes doctors who specialize in OB-GYN care, breast health, endocrinology and bone and joint diseases. We also can connect you with the right specialists for medical or surgical weight loss, if needed.
- Pregnancy care
If you have a high risk of heart disease and are pregnant or considering pregnancy, our Cardiac Disease in Pregnancy Program can offer you expert help. Women’s heart experts work with maternal-fetal medicine specialists to provide special care for moms-to-be. We provide both pre-pregnancy counseling and pregnancy care.
- Advanced care
As part of an academic medical center, we are leaders in caring for the most complex conditions. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, advanced treatment available.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Lifestyle changes, such as diet and exercise
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR)
- Vascular surgery
Women’s Heart Support Group
In collaboration with WomenHeart, we host a monthly support group to provide women living with heart disease peer-to-peer support, information and encouragement.
We meet the second Saturday of every month.
One Hundred Oaks
719 Thompson Lane, Entrance D
Nashville, TN 37204
For more information, call (615) 936-4437.