Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program
If you were born with heart disease, Vanderbilt Health knows how to care for your unique heart. Our Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program is one of the most experienced programs in the region and recognized as a comprehensive care center by the Adult Congenital Heart Association. We have the experts to provide you with comprehensive care to help you live a healthy, active life.
Meet Your Care Team
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiac Imaging, Cardiovascular Medicine, Coronary Heart Disease, General Cardiology, Heart Valve Diseases
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Congenital Heart Disease, Electrophysiology/ Arrhythmia/ Palpitations, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Inherited Cardiovascular Disease-Genetics
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Aortic Center, Cardiovascular Medicine, Congenital Heart Disease, General Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Medicine, Congenital Heart Disease, Hypertension, Maternal Cardiac Disease in Pregnancy, Preventive Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Transplantation, Mechanical Circulatory Support
Why Choose Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by leading authorities on healthcare quality. Our program is recognized as a comprehensive care center by the Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA).
- Specialized experts
Our cardiologists are trained and board-certified in adult congenital heart disease. They collaborate with electrophysiologists, interventional cardiologists, heart transplant surgeons and other experts to provide all of your specialized care.
- Comprehensive, long-term care
We are with you for life. We personalize your care every step of the way. From routine clinic visits for cardiac monitoring and medical management, to interventional procedures, to surgery, we want you to enjoy optimal heart health.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
- Seamless care, pediatrics to adult
Our team works closely with your doctors at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt to help you transition from pediatric care to adult care. We work with your doctors to create a care plan that meets your unique health goals and needs.
We offer you the most advanced procedures for repairing heart valves or other heart defects. We are the only program in Tennessee and one of few in the Southeast to routinely perform complex catheter ablation to treat arrhythmias in adults with congenital heart disease. Many of these procedures are not available at other medical centers in the region. We also are a leader in implanting pacemakers and defibrillators in patients with complex heart defects.
- Access to transplant
If heart or multi-organ transplant is the next step in your care, you’re already at the right place. We perform more heart transplants than any other program in the world, providing patient with outstanding outcomes.
- Pregnancy management
Our adult congenital heart disease specialists work alongside maternal-fetal medicine specialists to help manage your pregnancy and plan your delivery. We also offer family planning and prenatal counseling.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Cardiac computed tomography (CT), including 3-D reconstruction and 3-D printing for surgical planning
- Cardiac event monitoring
- Electrocardiography (ECG or EKG)
- Electrophysiology procedure, catheter ablation
- Electrophysiology study