Cancer of the pancreas is uniquely difficult to treat since it is usually diagnosed at an advanced stage. Our expert team works to provide a precise diagnosis and effective treatment options. We combine advanced research, technology and techniques with compassionate care to create a personalized treatment plan that is right for you. We use robotic and video-assisted technology to minimize the impact of the treatment and help you maintain a high quality of life.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all pancreatic cancers, including:
Meet Your Care Team
- Cancer, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Endocrine Cancer, GI Cancer Surgery, Gastroenterology Surgery, Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary and Liver Surgery
- Benign and Malignant Diseases of the Liver, Gallbladder, and Bile Ducts, Bile Duct Cancer, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Endocrine Cancer, Endocrine Surgery, GI Cancer Surgery, Gastroenterology Surgery
- Benign and Malignant Diseases of the Liver, Gallbladder, and Bile Ducts, Hepatobiliary Cancer Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Hepatobiliary and Liver Surgery, Liver Transplant, Liver Transplantation, Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- Cancer, Endocrine Cancer, Endocrine Disorders of the Adrenal Glands, Endocrine Malignancies, Endocrine Surgery, Gastrointestinal, General Surgery
- Cancer, Esophageal Diseases, Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal, Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Stomach, Colon, and Pancreas Cancer
- Cancer, Gastrointestinal, Hematology/Oncology, Liver Cancer, Medical Oncology, Stomach, Colon, and Pancreas Cancer
- Cancer, Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Stomach, Colon, and Pancreas Cancer
- Gastroenterology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Interventional Endoscopy, Pancreatic Disease
- Gastroenterology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Why Choose Pancreas Cancer Care at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care for pancreas cancer
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is designated by the National Pancreas Foundation (NPF) as a clinical and academic Center of Excellence pancreas cancer. NPF Centers of Excellence focus on multidisciplinary treatment of pancreas disease and advance research to enhance awareness and understanding of pancreas conditions.
- High volume of procedures
As one of the busiest pancreatic cancer programs in the Southeast, our high patient volumes translate into expert care for you. We are also the only hospital in Tennessee approved by the National Pancreas Foundation to care for patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Team approach
Our medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, interventional gastroenterologists and pathologists combine their expertise to create a personalized care plan that is right for you. These specialists work closely with nutritionists and genetic counselors to provide you with quality care before, during and after treatment.
- Specialized care
We offer a high risk pancreatic cancer surveillance service to provide screening, risk assessment and education for those at high risk of pancreatic cancer. Our team of specialists works with genetics experts to determine your risks and create a care plan just for you.
- Specialized tumor boards
At our regular cancer care meetings, experts in your specific type of cancer from across medical disciplines work together to create a treatment plan for the most complex cases. This means expert, comprehensive care just for you.
Our researchers are dedicated to developing new and more effective approaches to care. We not only apply the latest research, but also pioneer some of the latest innovations. You may have access to treatments before they are widely available.
- Cancer clinical trials
As a leading cancer research center, we offer the latest approaches being studied in clinical trials. When you take part in a cancer clinical trial, you have the chance to help improve treatment for others, while also receiving expert care from our experienced doctors and research nurses. Find a clinical trial at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
- Support services
Cancer affects all aspects of life. We offer a range of support services, including the survivorship program and an integrative care center, to help you before, during and after treatment. We provide access to an array of services as needed including genetic testing, incontinence specialists, fitness and rehabilitation.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Total pancreatectomy
- Central pancreatectomy