Vanderbilt Palliative Care improves quality of life for people with serious illnesses and for their families. This type of care focuses on relieving symptoms, pain and stress. Palliative care is appropriate at any age and at any stage in a serious illness. It can be provided together with treatment meant to cure disease.
Meet Your Care Team
- General Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Palliative Care, Pediatric General Pediatrics, Pediatric Primary Care, Primary Care, Well Child Care
- Internal Medicine, Palliative Care, Pediatric General Pediatrics, Pediatric Palliative Care, Pediatric Primary Care, Primary Care
- Allergy / Pulmonary and Critical Care, Cancer, Cardiovascular Medicine, Congestive Heart Failure, Cystic Fibrosis, Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, Palliative Care, Pediatric General Pediatrics, Pediatric Palliative Care, Pediatric Primary Care, Pediatrics
Why Choose Palliative Care at Vanderbilt
- Team approach
Our team is led by specialty-trained doctors and nurse practitioners and includes specialized palliative care case managers, social workers and nurses. Our team also works closely with other specialists, including pastoral care, child life and pharmacy.
- Convenient services
Our team is readily available to consult with patients and families. Our providers and services are available in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Patient-centered care
Our Palliative Care Unit provides services to patients who need aggressive symptom management or have other complex care needs. This unit includes unrestricted visiting hours, family sleep areas, family break rooms, child play areas with games and toys, pet (cat and dog) visiting, child life services, chaplain services and team members of different specialties to provide care for the whole person.
- Coordinated care
Our team of doctors, nurses and specialists works with patients’ other doctors to provide an extra layer of support.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Helping patients navigate healthcare to receive care aligned with goals and values
- Managing symptoms from serious illness
- Planning for your medical care in advance