The Vanderbilt Hernia Center includes specialists who work together to surgically repair all types of hernias. Our team performs a wide range of hernia surgeries, including robotic abdominal wall reconstruction. We personalize treatment to your circumstances. If your hernia does not need surgery, we can refer you to other Vanderbilt specialists who can offer treatment that’s right for you.
Meet Your Care Team
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Biliary Disease / Gallbladder, Diaphragmatic Hernias, General Surgery, Hernias (Inguinal, Ventral, Incision), Sports Hernia/Athletic Pubalgia
- Breast Reconstructive Surgery, Cleft Lip and Palate, Fetal Surgery for Spina Bifida, Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Benign Disease of the Esophagus, Benign Diseases of the Stomach / Duodenum, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, General Surgery, Hernias (Inguinal, Ventral, Incision), Minimally Invasive Foregut Surgery
- Biliary Disease / Gallbladder, Complex Ventral / Incisional Hernias of the Abdominal Wall, Emergency General Surgery, General Surgery, Management of Enterocutaneous Fistula, Trauma and Burn Surgery, Trauma and Surgical Critical Care
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Biliary Disease / Gallbladder, Diaphragmatic Hernias, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, General Surgery, Surgical Weight Loss Surgery
Why Choose the Hernia Center at Vanderbilt
- Advanced treatment
We offer laparoscopic robotic abdominal wall reconstruction. This is a major advancement for repairing nearly any type of hernia. It’s a minimally invasive surgery that reduces hospital time.
- Recognized expertise
We are part of the American Hernia Society Quality Collaborative. This is a national network dedicated to improving hernia repair and prevention. We gain knowledge from and share information with hundreds of doctors around the country.
- A team approach
Our specialists work together. This helps make sure that your hernia is repaired correctly the first time, preventing a second occurrence.
- Online health portal
We want to make your experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. You can contact your care team directly by phone or use our secure online portal, My Health at Vanderbilt, to send messages, schedule appointments, manage medications and access your medical records.