Heart Disease Prevention
If you are at risk for heart disease — or have already had a heart attack or stroke — we can help you live your healthiest. Our Heart Disease Prevention Program includes risk assessment and support services, such as nutrition counseling and weight management.
Meet Your Care Team
- Cardiovascular Medicine, General Cardiology, Heart and Vascular, Preventive Cardiology, Women's Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, General Surgery, Lipid Disorders
- Cardiovascular Medicine, General Cardiology, Hypercholesterolemia and/or Dyslipidemia, Preventive Cardiology
- Diabetes, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Lipid Disorders, Pediatric Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Type 2 Diabetes and Type 1 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Hypercholesterolemia and/or Dyslipidemia, Internal Medicine, Preventive Cardiology
Why Choose Heart Disease Prevention at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by leading authorities on health care quality. People from throughout the Southeast and across the country rely on us for the best and most innovative care possible.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
- Support services
We have experts ready to help you quit smoking or plan an exercise routine, if needed. Our registered dietitian can help you plan heart-healthy, delicious meals.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure you receive the best possible care.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Blood pressure control
- Cholesterol reduction
- Coronary artery calcium score
- Diabetes management
- Electrocardiography (ECG or EKG)
- Exercise planning
- Exercise stress test