At Vanderbilt, our experienced plastic surgeons provide a range of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures to restore function or enhance appearance.
Reconstructive plastic surgery aims to rebuild parts of the body affected aesthetically or functionally by birth defects, infection, trauma or disease. Cosmetic plastic surgery enhances or reshapes parts of the body through nonsurgical and surgical procedures. Cosmetic procedures can improve your appearance and confidence. Learn more about Vanderbilt Cosmetic Surgery.
Plastic Surgery: Conditions We Treat
At Vanderbilt, our surgeons perform a variety of procedures to improve your ability to function and appearance. Conditions we treat include:
- Cleft lip and palate
- Facial injuries
- Hand injuries
- Skin cancer
Plastic Surgery: Treatments We Offer
Our plastic surgeons offer a full range of treatments, including:
- Breast reconstruction: After a mastectomy or lumpectomy, our surgeons can restore one or both breasts to the shape, appearance, symmetry and size you prefer. At Vanderbilt, we offer implant-based reconstruction or flap reconstruction.
- Breast reduction: During this surgery, also called reduction mammoplasty, our surgeons remove fat, tissue and skin from your breasts to make them smaller. This can help alleviate discomfort caused by the weight of large breasts.
- Hand surgery: Many specialized surgical procedures can be performed on the hand to treat diseases that cause pain and decrease strength, function and flexibility in your wrist and fingers.
- Nerve regeneration: To repair nerve injuries, our surgeons can use special therapies to stimulate nerve healing and guide the growth of nerve fibers. These therapies can help restore function to your muscle or skin.
- Panniculectomy: This surgery, also known as surgical body contouring, removes excess skin and fat after substantial weight loss. It also helps to enhance the shape of your underlying support tissue.
- Scar revision surgery: As your wounds heal, this surgery can help minimize scar visibility. The goal is for scars to blend in with surrounding skin tone and texture. Other treatment options we offer include topical treatments, minimally invasive procedures and surgical revisions with advanced techniques in wound closure.
- Skin cancer removal: In collaboration with your cancer specialists, our surgeons use expert techniques to remove cancerous and other skin lesions.
- Wound care: Our surgeons work with other specialists to treat complex wounds. This collaboration can help accelerate healing and reduce scarring.
Plastic Surgery Locations
343 Franklin Road, Suite 108
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: (615) 936-2700
Fax: (615) 370-3456
Map and Directions
The Vanderbilt Clinic
1301 Medical Center Drive, Suite 3701
Nashville, TN 37232
Phone: (615) 322-2350
Fax: (615) 343-2552
Map and Directions
Our experienced team of cosmetic plastic surgeons see patients at Vanderbilt University Hospital (Medical Center East) and in Brentwood. Find a cosmetic surgery location.