Facial Fracture Surgery
Facial fractures, which are often caused by traumatic injuries, may require surgery to restore the function and appearance of the injured bones. Surgeons use small incisions on concealed areas of the face or in the mouth to repair and reposition the broken bones. In some cases, surgeons may use plates, screws or wires to set bones. As part of a Level 1 Trauma Center, our team provides the most advanced emergency care for everything from simple fractures to the most complex injuries. Our surgeons work closely with surgeons in other medical specialties to ensure that you receive comprehensive care that meets your unique needs.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all facial fractures, including:
- Cheekbone fractures
- Eye socket fractures
- Forehead fractures
- Lower jaw fractures
- Multiple facial fractures
- Nasal fractures
- Upper jaw fractures
Meet Your Care Team
- Acute and Reconstructive Burn Surgery, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Gender Affirmation Surgery, Migraine and Occipital Neuralgia Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Breast Reconstructive Surgery, Cleft Lip and Palate, Fetal Surgery for Spina Bifida, Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate, Craniofacial Surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate, Craniofacial Surgery, Facial Trauma, Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery
- Acute and Reconstructive Burn, Aesthetics, Burn, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Why Choose Facial Fracture Surgery at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
The American College of Surgeons designates us as a Level 1 Trauma Center, the only one in the region. People in Middle Tennessee rely on us for the most advanced emergency care around the clock.
- Knowledge and experience
Our surgeons have extensive experience diagnosing and treating complex facial fractures. Our depth of experience translates into advanced, personalized care for you.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.