Overcoming Substance Use Disorder
If you struggle with substance use, you are not alone. More than 22 million people in the United States are currently dealing with the same challenge. This issue impacts many lives, careers and relationships, and finding the right help can be difficult.
It’s time to rethink recovery.
MyRecoveryHealth combines Vanderbilt’s world-class medical care with a reimagined approach that delivers a better experience at a lower cost. Our goal is to provide the right level of care to each individual. We offer convenient, private access for you to get the help you need.
This bundle includes support for opioid use disorder (OUD) as well as other substance use disorders, which could involve alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, methamphetamine and other stimulants, sedatives, hallucinogens, inhalants, and other psychoactive substances.
Personalized Approach. Better Experience. Lower Costs.
With MyRecoveryHealth, you benefit from:
Personal touch — You will receive exactly what is needed to support your recovery. We offer individualized care through a range of services that include inpatient treatment as well as multiple levels of outpatient treatment.
No surprise billings — Our bundle offers predictable out-of-pocket expenses for you. Patients typically experience low to no costs for treatment.
Concierge treatment — From your first contact with our program, patient navigators will help you manage your care at every step of the process.
Exceptional results — We have a proven track record for helping individuals just like you achieve and maintain recovery.
Trusted support — We prioritize privacy and want you to feel comfortable getting help. This includes making sure you can engage with our program with no fears about jeopardizing your current employment. Please speak with the heath care team at your first clinical appointment when you enroll in MyRecoveryHealth if you have any questions around privacy and confidentiality.
MyRecoveryHealth includes coordinated, proactive care from the initial assessment through the recovery journey. Services include:
- Concierge support from a dedicated patient navigator
- Office visits for outpatient support
- Inpatient care delivered at the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital
- Group and individual therapy
- Related behavioral health services
- Labs as determined by your care team
- Emergency department/observation visits
- Partial hospitalizations
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Low to no out-of-pocket costs
- Anti-craving medications (clinic-administered drugs only)
How It Works
- You schedule a call with one of our patient navigators, who confirms eligibility, explains the process and collects required information.
- Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be scheduled for an evaluation appointment with our clinical team.
- During initial contact with the patient navigator, or during the clinical evaluation, you can be referred to Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital for urgent, inpatient support. Otherwise, you will be assigned to specific outpatient support based on your overall needs.
- You will complete an initial round of care, personalized based on the results of your assessment. Levels include an intensive 20-day outpatient program, an intermediate, weekly treatment program and a limited treatment, monthly outpatient program.
- Upon completion of your assigned program, you will be evaluated to determine the most appropriate next steps. This could include a repeat of a previous program or a step down to less intensive support.
- At the one-year mark, you will exit the bundle, unless a clinical evaluation suggests re-enrolling in the bundle is in your best interest. To help sustain success, we connect you to community resources that can continue to support your journey.
Skilled clinicians—We employ more addiction psychiatrists than any other organization in Tennessee. Our doctors have specialized training in diagnosing and treating complex combinations of symptoms and disorders. As leading experts, our doctors also serve in the organizations responsible for establishing national guidelines for patient care.
Comprehensive approach—Our team specializes in treating co-occurring conditions, which is prevalent among individuals who are dealing with substance use disorder. We can help address behavioral health concerns in tandem with substance use for more holistic and effective treatment.
Seamless care—Our team works closely with other appropriate health care providers to help you transition to the appropriate level of continued care. We work with your doctor to create a care plan that meets your unique health goals and needs.
Please check with your employer to confirm eligibility for MyRecoveryHealth, or contact one of our patient navigators for more information.
To qualify for MyRecoveryHealth, eligible employees must speak with a patient navigator to enroll in the program and schedule a consult.
Bundle coverage begins with initial evaluation visit with a VUMC substance use disorder provider or substance use disorder-related inpatient admission at Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital or Vanderbilt University Hospital. Bundle coverage ends after one year. To help sustain success, we connect you to community resources that can continue to support your journey.
If you are still struggling with substance use issues at the end of the bundle, we might recommend you re-enroll in the bundle to continue treatment. This recommendation will be based on your final clinical evaluation.