MyOrthoHealth - Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis
With the MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis bundle, we help you find the most appropriate course of treatment for your joint pain. In many cases, this means avoiding costly and time-consuming surgery. A personalized plan involving physical therapy and other complementary treatments can produce quality results. For some patients, surgery will be the best course of action.
- Concierge support from a dedicated patient navigator
- Telehealth options for check-ins and follow-ups
- Personalized treatment plan, including physical therapy, weight loss and complementary therapies to explore whether a non-surgical approach will achieve desired results
How It Works
- You begin by scheduling a call with a patient navigator, who confirms administrative eligibility and explains the process. If you are interested in enrolling, the patient navigator will also collect required information.
- The patient navigator schedules you for an ortho consult to confirm that osteoarthritis of your hip or knee is the correct diagnosis. At this point, we also make an initial determination of whether surgery is the best next step for you.
- If you are starting with a non-surgical pathway, we will conduct basic imaging and establish a personalized treatment plan that includes physical therapy, weight loss and complementary therapies. (Note: If it is determined clinically that surgery is the best next step for you, you will proceed with the experience described in the Hip & Knee Surgery bundle.)
- Typically, after six weeks we evaluate your progress to determine whether to continue with therapy. If symptoms have improved, we resume with the treatment plan and re-evaluate progress as directed by your provider.
- We will continue to optimize all options of conservative therapy. If conservative therapy is not producing desired results, we will consider advanced imaging and if appropriate a surgical consult. If you are determined to be a good candidate for surgery, you will have the option to proceed with the experience described in the Hip & Knee Surgery bundle.
Please check with your employer to confirm eligibility for the MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis Bundle or contact one of our patient navigators for more information.
To qualify for the MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis bundle, eligible employees must speak with a patient navigator to first enroll in the program and then schedule an initial evaluation office visit with orthopaedic/sports medicine.
Bundle coverage begins upon the initial orthopaedic/sports medicine office visit and lasts for 12 months, with an opportunity to re-enroll each year if clinically appropriate. If at any time during the bundle a total joint replacement of the affected joint is performed, bundle coverage would end 12 weeks after the joint replacement procedure.