MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Surgery
If you clinically qualify for hip or knee replacement surgery, we can make the process much smoother for you with MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Surgery. This bundle includes coverage of knee or hip replacement procedures.
The MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Surgery bundle includes coordinated, proactive care from the initial surgical visit through surgery and rehabilitation. Services include:
- Concierge support from a dedicated patient navigator
- Office visits pre- and post-surgery
- Specialist visits for surgery clearance
- Telehealth options for check ins and follow ups
- All activities related to chosen procedure (knee or hip replacement) and hospital stay
- Necessary durable medical equipment, such as walkers or shower chairs
- Vanderbilt's virtual education and rehabilitation platform
- Low to no out-of-pocket costs
How It Works
- You schedule a call with our patient navigator, who confirms administrative eligibility, explains the process and collects required information.
- The patient navigator schedules you for an ortho consult to make an initial determination of whether surgery is the best next step for you.
- If you are a good candidate for surgery, you will officially be enrolled in the bundle program. If not, an alternate course of treatment is recommended.
- Pre-surgery education delivered via telehealth helps you prepare for the procedure.
- Surgery will typically involve an overnight hospital stay, or in some cases will be offered as an outpatient procedure.
- Following surgery, you will participate in virtual-based physical therapy through a digital platform that includes recovery goals, video-based education and messaging, reporting on pain levels, and activation of daily plans and recovery pathways prescribed by your physician.
Please check with your employer to confirm eligibility for MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Surgery or contact one of our patient navigators for more information.
To qualify for the MyOrthoHealth – Hip & Knee Surgery bundle, eligible employees must speak with a patient navigator to enroll in the program and schedule a surgical consult.
Bundle coverage begins upon bundle enrollment and from the initial patient consultation with an eligible VUMC surgeon. It ends 12 weeks after the joint replacement procedure.