Skull Base Tumor Care
The Vanderbilt Skull Base Center treats many types of tumors located in or around the skull base — which is deep within the area behind your eyes and nose. These tumors can affect speech, hearing, smell and eyesight. Skull base tumors are complex, and no two patients are alike. Because treatment of these tumors requires a high level of expertise and a nuanced approach, patients like you are choosing Vanderbilt Skull Base Center.
Meet Your Care Team
- Acoustic Neuroma, Cholesteatoma, Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Therapy, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology
- Acoustic Neuroma, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor/Cancer, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pituitary Surgery
- Adult Rhinitis, Adult Sinusitis, Allergy / Immunology, CSF Leak Repair, Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Skull Base Conditions, Skull Base Surgery
- Acoustic Neuroma, Adult and Pediatric Hearing Loss, Cholesteatoma, Cochlear Implant Evaluation and Therapy, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology
Why Choose Skull Base Tumor Care at Vanderbilt
- Skilled clinicians
Our doctors have specialized training in diagnosing and treating skull base tumors. As leading experts, our doctors also serve in the organizations responsible for establishing national guidelines for patient care.
- Knowledge and experience
Our team of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals are leaders in treating skull base tumors and related conditions. Our doctors have performed thousands of skull base surgeries and have also helped train the next generation of doctors in this specialty area.
- Team approach
Doctors from multiple specialties are brought into your treatment team when needed. These might include ENTs, physical therapists, oncologists, radiologists and others. Our multi-specialty surgery team consists of a skull base neurosurgeon, neurotologist, neuroanesthesia specialist, and — if needed — a head and neck surgeon.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure you receive the best possible care.
- Tumor board
Your treatment begins with a careful review of your condition by our tumor board. Our board includes specialists in neurosurgery, neurotology, radiation oncology, neurology, otolaryngology, head and neck surgery, and oncology.
Not only do our doctors use the latest therapies and technologies to treat skull base tumors, they’re often involved with creating those therapies. Dedication to advancing and improving the treatment of skull base tumors and related conditions is at the center of what they do.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Surgery, including minimally invasive endoscopy
- Combined therapy (surgery and radiation)