If you have shoulder pain or a shoulder injury, we can help you find relief. Specialists in our Shoulder Care Program provide a range of treatments, from physical therapy to total shoulder replacement. No matter your age or condition, our personalized care will help you get back to your normal activities.
Meet Your Care Team
- Adolescent Sports Medicine, Adult Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Shoulder Surgery, Sports Medicine
- Adolescent Sports Medicine, Adult Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine
- Adolescent Sports Medicine, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine
- Adolescent Sports Medicine, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Fractures, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine
Why Choose Shoulder Care at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by leading authorities on healthcare quality. People from throughout the Southeast and across the country rely on us for the best and most innovative care possible.
- Knowledge and experience
Our fellowship-trained surgeons have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating shoulder injuries. They perform more shoulder replacement surgeries than anyone else in Tennessee, making them uniquely skilled to care for you. Our physical therapists also specialize in treating shoulder disorders.
- Trusted by athletes
We are the official healthcare provider for the Nashville Predators, Nashville Sounds, Nashville Soccer Club, Vanderbilt University Commodores, Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association and Tennessee State Soccer Association. You can expect the same level of care we provide these top athletes.
- Advanced research
Our team is at the forefront of shoulder care research. As founders of the Multicenter Orthopaedic Outcomes Network, our surgeons lead national studies researching innovative care options for shoulder instability (dislocation), rotator cuff injuries and shoulder replacement surgery. We offer you access to the most advanced treatment options available.
- Second opinions
A second opinion can help you make the best decisions. We review your medical history, diagnostic tests, any previous treatments and your personal preferences to provide you with an informed opinion.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Complex shoulder revisions
- Open shoulder surgery
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- Rotator cuff surgery
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction (Tommy John surgery)