If you have atrial fibrillation or another type of cardiac arrhythmia, Vanderbilt Health knows how to care for your unique heart. With our innovation and leading research, we have the expertise to treat all heart rhythm problems, from the most basic to the most complex.
Meet Your Care Team
- Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, Arrhythmias, Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Implantable Defibrillator Insertion, Pacemaker Insertion
- Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, Arrhythmias, Arrhythmias - Ablation, Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Implantable Defibrillator Insertion
Why Choose Cardiac Arrhythmia at Vanderbilt
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by leading authorities on health care quality. People from throughout the Southeast and across the country rely on us for the best and most innovative care possible.
- Knowledge and experience
Because we are one of the busiest heart programs in the U.S., we have more experience than most. That means quality care for you. We have special expertise in atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia and left atrial appendage closure. We welcome patients with even the most complex heart arrhythmias, including those who haven’t had successful treatment at other hospitals.
- Team approach
We work together to ensure that you receive the comprehensive care you need. Our team members collaborate with each other, as well as with experts in other medical disciplines, to provide you with individual care that addresses your unique needs.
At Vanderbilt. you may have access to advanced treatments before they are widely available. We have worked with medical device makers to bring new treatments for cardiac arrhythmia to Vanderbilt. Our doctors have helped develop new surgical techniques for closing the heart’s left atrial appendage, reducing stroke risk for patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Advanced care
As part of an academic medical center, we are leaders in caring for the most complex conditions. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, advanced treatment available.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Electrocardiography (ECG or EKG)
- Electrophysiology testing, including visual evoked potentials and ERG
- Exercise stress test
- Holter monitoring
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Implanted loop recorder
- Left atrial appendage closure