Please follow this procedure when applying for admission to the Mama Lere Hearing School at Vanderbilt:
- First, the family or school district should request information about the MLHS by contacting the school at (615) 936-5262.
- If the family wishes to pursue their options at MLHS, a tour of the school may be scheduled.
- A speech-language evaluation and classroom visit may also be scheduled.
- The MLHS team will review the results and discuss the child's potential for enrollment. If MLHS is considered an appropriate placement, the family is contacted. At this point we discuss payment options for the school. This may include school contracts, private, or our financial assistance program. If financial assistance is needed, the family will complete a financial assistance application packet.
- Parents must be committed to being partners with the school in their child’s listening and spoken language education.
- The child’s IEP or IFSP is required at the time of admission. If the child will be attending the school privately, then an IEP will be developed upon completion of the childs evaluation. All children are evaluated prior to being admitted so that the Individualized Education Plan team can decide if the MLHS is an appropriate placement for each child.
- Payment for the school is due by the last day of the month for ten months. The cost of the school is equally distributed across the school year.
- Before and/or after school care is available for an additional fee.
The Mama Lere Hearing School at Vanderbilt does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, or national and ethnic origin in its educational, admissions, scholarship, or loan policies, and other school-administered programs.