If you are seeking expert care for a heart condition, the dedicated specialists at Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute can provide you with the personalized treatment you need.
Our experienced team collaborates to offer you the best possible heart and vascular care, so you can continue to live an active, healthy life. Our multiple locations mean that you are always close to advanced heart care.
Heart and Vascular Care: Why Choose Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt’s highly skilled physicians offer the most advanced heart treatments available. Our board-certified physicians receive extensive training in their specialties, making them uniquely qualified to offer you effective, personalized care. That’s why U.S. News & World Report ranks us No. 1 for heart care in Tennessee. We are known for:
- Complete heart and vascular services: We provide comprehensive care for all heart and vascular conditions, from routine care to advanced surgeries. Patients with complex heart conditions come to us from around the region because of our expertise and specialized care.
- Leading-edge technology: As the only academic medical center in middle Tennessee, we have the latest technology to provide an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Our researchers are developing new treatments that can save more lives.
- Collaboration: Our heart experts, including cardiologists, surgeons and other heart specialists, work together to help you achieve your optimal heart health.
- Highly skilled doctors: Our heart teams have years of experience caring for patients with complicated heart and vascular conditions. Our team includes doctors who have pioneered advanced treatments and surgeries, including ventricular assist devices (VADs).
- Convenience and accessibility: We have more than 20 heart clinics across Tennessee and southern Kentucky. We also work with local cardiologists and primary care doctors to monitor patients who may not need care today but may require care in the future.
- Women’s heart support group: In collaboration with WomenHeart, we host a monthly support group to provide women living with heart disease peer-to-peer support, information and encouragement. The support group is hosted the second Saturday of the month from 10:30 a.m.-noon at One Hundred Oaks (Entrance D). For more information, call (615) 936-4437.
Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Programs
Vanderbilt is a recognized leader regionally and nationally for heart care programs including:
- Advanced heart failure: We provide comprehensive, effective care for patients with advanced heart failure. Our team offers leading-edge procedures, including heart transplant and VADs. In fact, we are the one of the top programs in the region, with a team that regularly ranks in the top 5 nationally. We were also one of the first hospitals in the region to offer VADs and continue to pioneer advances in VAD technology. Learn more about advanced heart failure.
- Adult congenital heart disease: Vanderbilt has the only program in the region with specialists who are board certified in treating adults with congenital heart disease. Find out about our adult congenital heart disease program.
- Vascular medicine: We have the only dedicated vascular medicine program in the area. Our team focuses specifically on diagnosing and treating all types of vascular diseases. Read about vascular medicine.
- Aortic disease: Our surgeons pioneered new treatments for repairing aortic aneurysms. We continue to innovate new treatments for patients with aortic disease. Patients from around the region with complex aortic aneurysms and dissections come to us for treatment.
Additional heart programs and services
Heart and Vascular Conditions We Treat
We treat the full spectrum of heart conditions, including:
- Aortic disease
- Congenital heart defects
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Heart failure
- Heart valve diseases
- High blood pressure
- Vascular conditions and diseases
Heart and Vascular Treatments
Our experts are trained in a full range of heart and vascular treatments, including:
Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Locations
We offer locations across Middle Tennessee. Please visit the individual programs listed on the heart program page for locations closest to you.
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us at (615) 322-2318.