Hearing loss can impact your quality of life at home, work or in social settings. Most people who have hearing loss can benefit from hearing aids or other assistive hearing devices.
The Vanderbilt Hearing Aid Program offers comprehensive hearing evaluations and advanced technology to meet your individual hearing needs.
Hearing Aid Program: Why Choose Vanderbilt?
At Vanderbilt, you will find:
- Experienced doctors: Our audiologists are specially trained to diagnose all types of hearing loss, ranging from mild to severe. Based on your hearing loss, personal preferences and lifestyle, we work with you to select, fit and adjust your hearing aids.
- Advanced technology: Our team works with advanced hearing aid technologies, offering you more options to achieve better hearing.
- Walk-in services: We offer walk-in services for professional hearing aid cleaning, troubleshooting and supply pick up – without an appointment. However, if you need a hearing aid adjustment, you will need to make an appointment with your audiologist.
- Living with Hearing Loss classes: We offer free classes to teach you valuable tips and tactics for better listening. Class topics range from hearing aid technology to speechreading communication strategies and styles. To reserve a spot in class, call (615) 936-5000.
Hearing Aid Program: Tests We Offer
To determine how much you are able to hear and what technologies or treatments can best improve your hearing, our team will conduct a hearing evaluation.
- Hearing evaluations: A typical hearing evaluation begins with discussion about your hearing history and any concerns. We will check for wax buildup and fluid in your middle ear. You will also listen to tones and speech through headphones.
Your audiologist may recommend consultation with a Vanderbilt Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor or other specialists, depending on the results of your evaluation.
Hearing Aid Program: Treatments We Offer
To treat your hearing loss, your audiologist will review the results of your evaluation with you and develop a personalized treatment plan. Treatment options may include:
- Hearing aids: These devices can be worn in or behind your ear to help improve hearing and speech comprehension. Your audiologist will coach you on the best ways to use your hearing aid and how to arrange your environment for better listening.
- Assistive listening devices: ALDs can be used with a hearing aid or cochlear implant to help you hear certain sounds better. More specifically, these devices amplify sounds, particularly speech, against background noise.
Hearing Aid Program: Locations
Vanderbilt Medical Center East
1215 21st Avenue South, 9th floor
Nashville, TN 37232
Map and Directions
Our Walk-In Clinic is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center in Franklin
919 Murfreesboro Rd. (Highway 96)
Franklin, TN 37064
Map and Directions
Hearing Aid Program: Contact Us
For an appointment, call: (615) 936-5000.