Vanderbilt Neurosciences provides comprehensive, innovative treatment for brain, spine and central nervous system disorders. Our specialists offer everything from complex surgical procedures to routine management of chronic conditions. We understand that a diagnosis related to the brain or spinal cord can be scary. This is why our team provides the care and support you need with friendly faces and a compassionate approach.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all brain, spine and central nervous system conditions, including:
Why Choose Neurosciences at Vanderbilt
- Team of experts
In addition to neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuropsychologists, the Vanderbilt neurosciences team also includes advanced practice nurses, social workers, pharmacists, case managers and other experienced health care professionals. All have received extensive training in their specialty. They work together to treat all aspects of your neurological condition so you get the best possible care.
- Personalized care
We work with you and your family to create a customized care plan to address your diagnosis, symptoms and treatment goals and the ways that your neurological condition affects your loved ones.
- Recognized care
U.S. News & World Report considers us one of the highest-performing Neurology and Neurosurgery programs in the country. Other recognitions:
- The National Association of Epilepsy Centers accredits us as the only Level 4 Epilepsy Center for adults in Tennessee.
- The Joint Commission recognizes us as an Advanced Certification Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Establishment of Centers of Excellence for Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis and Huntington’s disease and other neurological conditions
- Provision of research support through our Surgical Outcomes Center for Kids (SOCKs)
- The Vanderbilt Neuromuscular Clinic is a designated Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Clinic.
- Clinical trials
As part of an academic medical center, we offer access to some of the most promising new approaches being tested in clinical trials. Find a clinical trial.
- Online health portal
We want to make your experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. You can contact your care team directly by phone or use our secure online portal, My Health at Vanderbilt, to send messages, schedule appointments, manage medications and access your medical records.