Maternal Addiction Recovery Program
The Vanderbilt Maternal Addiction Recovery program combines prenatal care with addiction treatment for women facing the double challenge of pregnancy and recovery. Here, you’ll receive the care you need, all in one place. We treat you with dignity and compassion. We help you achieve a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and a sustained recovery.
Meet Your Care Team
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, Contraception, General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Uterine Fibroids
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Menopausal Symptoms, Obstetrics, Well Woman Care
- Contraception, General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Well Woman Care
Why Choose Maternal Addiction Recovery Program at Vanderbilt
- Experienced doctors
Our specialists are specifically trained to care for pregnant women who are undergoing treatment for addiction. They understand the struggles you might be facing and have the knowledge, experience and expertise to provide the care you need. All doctors in our program are authorized to prescribe buprenorphine to treat opioid addiction.
- Team approach
We offer care from many specialists, including OB-GYNs, psychiatrists and addiction counselors, in one place. We partner with Team HOPE, which cares for new mothers and infants exposed to opioids. If appropriate, we can also refer you to Recover Together, a program that helps pregnant women prepare for parenting while dealing with the stresses of pregnancy and recovery.
- Personalized care
Recovery looks different for each woman, and so does pregnancy. We work with you to create a care plan that’s right for you.
- Clinical trials
As the only academic medical center in Middle Tennessee, we offer our patients the chance to participate in studies of new treatments for substance abuse disorders, and new strategies for treating women who are pregnant during recovery. You may have access to new treatments before they’re widely available elsewhere.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Buprenorphine/medication-assisted treatment
- Contraceptive counseling and services
- Group support
- Group therapy
- Group counseling
- One-on-one counseling
- Prenatal care and testing