The Vanderbilt Cognitive Disorders Program treats problems with memory, reasoning and orientation. If you or a family member is experiencing these symptoms, it might be due to a cognitive disorder. We’ll identify the problem and create a treatment plan to address it with you and your family.
Meet Your Care Team
- Alzheimer's Disease, Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, Dementia, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Neurology, Neurosciences, Primary Progressive Aphasia
- Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, Neurology, Neurosciences, Stroke and Cerebrovascular, Vascular Neurology
- Clinical Neuropsychologist, Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, Neurology, Neuropsychology, Neurosciences
- Alzheimer's Disease, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, Dementia, Neuropsychology, Neurosciences, Stroke and Cerebrovascular
- Clinical Neuropsychologist, Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, Neuropsychology, Neurosciences
- Clinical Neuropsychologist, Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, General Neurology, Neurosciences, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine
Why Choose Cognitive Disorders Care at Vanderbilt
- Experienced doctors
Our doctors are board certified in neurology, and our neuropsychologists are board certified in neuropsychology. They are active in cognitive disorder research. You can be confident in their knowledge of the latest treatments and therapies.
- Team approach
We bring together many specialists to cover all aspects of your condition, from physical to psychological needs. Our cognitive disorders team includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists, psychiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and nutritionists.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
- Innovative research and treatment options
Our doctors are actively involved in ongoing cognitive disorders research, including studies related to Alzheimer’s disease, progressive supranuclear palsy and frontotemporal dementia (FTD). These research efforts play a critical role in our commitment to finding more effective treatments for all types of cognitive disorders.
- Online health portal
We want to make your experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. You can use our secure online portal, My Health at Vanderbilt, to contact your care team 24/7, schedule appointments, manage medications and access your medical records.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Neuropsychological evaluation
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Social work support
- Speech and language pathology