Bone Cancers and Sarcomas
Our team of experts from a range of disciplines offers the most advanced medical, surgical and radiation care for cancers involving the musculoskeletal system. Care often involves chemotherapy, tumor removal, complex surgical reconstructions and radiation therapy. Sarcomas are best treated with a multi-disciplinary approach at a specialized care center like Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
Meet Your Care Team
- Adult Orthopaedics, Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Sarcoma
- Adult Orthopaedics, Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Joint Replacement, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Sarcoma
- Adult Orthopaedics, Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Cancer, Joint Replacement, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Sarcoma
- Acute and Reconstructive Burn, Aesthetics, Burn, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Cancer, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Endocrine Cancer, GI Cancer Surgery, Gastroenterology Surgery, Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary and Liver Surgery
- Benign and Malignant Diseases of the Liver, Gallbladder, and Bile Ducts, Bile Duct Cancer, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Endocrine Cancer, Endocrine Surgery, GI Cancer Surgery, Gastroenterology Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Cancer Surgery, GI Cancer Surgery, Neuroendocrine Surgery, Surgery, Surgical Oncology
- Bile Duct Cancer, Colorectal Liver Metastases, Hepatobiliary Cancer Surgery, Neuroendocrine Surgery, Pancreatic Cancer Surgery, Surgical Oncology
- Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer Surgery, GI Cancer Surgery, Neuroendocrine Surgery, Sarcoma, Skin Cancers Including Melanoma, Surgical Oncology
- Lung Conditions, Lung Transplant, Lung Transplantation, Lung/Thoracic Cancer, Surgery for Diseases of the Lung, Surgery for Diseases of the Rib Cage and Diaphragm, Surgery for Lung Cancer and Esophageal Cancer
Why Choose Bone Cancer and Sarcoma Care at Vanderbilt
- Recognized cancer care
Research shows that the best patient outcomes in cancer cancer care come from multi-disciplinary tertiary hospital centers. The National Cancer Institute designates Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, the highest ranking by the world’s leading authority on cancer.
- Knowledge and experience
One of the most important aspects of sarcoma care is making a diagnosis through appropriate pathways. Our specialists have dedicated their careers to treating patients with bone cancer and sarcomas. As the fourth largest patient care site in the nation for Orthopaedic surgical oncology, we diagnose and treat over 300 patients each year. This experience translates into expert, comprehensive care for you.
- Team approach
Our care team is comprised of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, orthopedic surgery oncologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons, general surgeons and pathologists who combine their expertise and work collaboratively to create a personalized care plan that is right for you. These specialists work closely with a team of social workers, psychologists and physical therapists to provide you with quality care before, during and after your treatment.
- Specialized tumor boards
At our regular cancer care meetings, experts in your specific type of cancer from across medical disciplines work together to create a treatment plan for the most complex cases. Tumor boards generate consensus treatment plans, meaning that each patient benefits from expertise across disciplines, as physicians and providers review critical findings in the context of the most up to date standards of care.
- Cancer clinical trials
As a leading cancer research center, we are a critical part of hospital centers worldwide with access to the newest technologies and treatments. While participation in clinical trials is completely optional, access to trials expands therapeutic possibilities for our patients and allows us to refine the best practices for treatment of these difficult problems.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Adjuvants and bone graft substitutes
- Allograft bone
- Allograft reconstruction surgery
- Bone stabilization
- Chest x-ray
- Complex arthroplasty