Rehabilitation Services From an Expert Team
We offer expert care for patients recovering from surgery or coping with joint or other orthopedic pain. Our care specialties include:
To use Rehabilitation Services, you must have a physician referral. All programs have access to medical fitness staff for general guidance.
Partnering with Physicians to Restore You to Health
Our physical therapists and athletic trainers work with your physicians to create your rehabilitation plan. Rehabilitation may include:
- Exercise and strengthening
- Injury management
- Manual therapy such as massage
- Pain management
- Training techniques such as biofeedback
Medical Fitness Programs
Vanderbilt Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation offers a range of medical fitness programs for Vanderbilt patients recovering from or preparing for a medical procedure. We are a Medical Fitness Association member facility.
- Concurrent Access ($35/30 days) -- patients in outpatient therapy can access the fitness center to supplement their therapy.
- Transition Program ($280/90 days) -- patients transitioning from guided therapy can purchase 90-day access to the center.
- Six-Month Physician Referral Access ($300/six months) -- for patients with an orthopedic condition requiring continued use of the fitness center and a physician referral.
Orthopedic Specialty Programs
- Sport and Orthopedic Advanced Reconditioning -- an individualized one-on-one program helping patients return to sports activity; 4 sessions for $180, or 8 sessions for $280.
- Better Bones -- an individualized exercise education program for patients with decreased bone density, incorporating flexibility, balance and strength activities; 4 sessions for $140.
- Guided Exercise -- individual exercise programs tailored to each patient. These are designed to provide expanded instruction on a home exercise program. May require referral from a physician; a single session is $50.
- All medical fitness programs must be paid for at the time of the session. Patients are responsible for verifying insurance coverage and submitting any insurance claims. Please contact the medical fitness staff with any specific billing questions.