Vanderbilt Endocrine Surgery Center specializes in the full range of surgeries, including traditional and minimally invasive prodecures for common to complex endocrine disorders. Our team provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for adults with diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands, endocrine tumors of the pancreas and GI tract, and unexplained hormone overproduction.
Endocrine Surgery Center: Why Choose Vanderbilt
- Nationally recognized care: U.S. News & World Report ranks Vanderbilt University Medical Center as a High Performing Hospital for diabetes and endocrinology, recognizing our advanced treatments and exceptional patient outcomes. Vanderbilt is ranked the #1 adult hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville.
- Experience and expertise: Our surgeons are fellowship trained and specialize in treating the most complex endocrine surgical conditions. Patients who have received a diagnosis or treatment elsewhere often come to us for a second opinion because of our extensive experience performing endocrine surgeries.
- Collaborative care: Because endocrine problems may involve different areas of the body, we bring together experts in endocrine surgery, cancer care, radiology and genetics. Together, we create a personalized treatment plan to meet your unique needs.
- Genetic counseling: Inherited endocrine conditions can often go unnoticed. We offer comprehensive genetic evaluation, counseling and testing for patients who may have a family history of endocrine disease. This service allows you to make the most informed decision about your health.
- Innovative research: As part of an academic medical center, our team is dedicated to pioneering new and more effective treatment options. Our commitment to research means that you receive the most current, sophisticated treatment available.
- Clinical trials: We offer a range of clinical trials (research studies). Our current studies are investigating new treatments in advanced care. Learn more about our open clinical trials at Trials Today or search our cancer clinical trials through Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
Conditions We Treat
- Adrenal cancer
- Adrenal nodules
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN)
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Non-cancerous growth tumors
- Parathyroid cancer
- Pancreatic endocrine disease
- Thyroid cancer
- Thyroid nodules
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Cushing’s testing
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy
- Hormone levels tests
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Molecular testing of indeterminate thyroid nodules
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Somatostatin receptor imaging (G68 Dotatate PET/CT)
- Thyroid scan
- Thyroid and parathyroid ultrasound
- Venous sampling
Treatments We Offer
We offer a full range of surgical options from traditional surgery to minimally invasive and robotic procedures. Surgeries we perform include:
- Adrenalectomy. A surgical procedure to remove one or both of the adrenal glands.
- Enterectomy and lymphadenectomy. A surgical procedure to remove part of the intestine and the draining lymph nodes.
- Neck lymphadenectomy. A surgical procedure to remove the neck draining lymph nodes from thyroid cancer.
- Pancreatectomy. A surgical procedure to remove part or all of the pancreas.
- Parathyroidectomy. A minimally invasive surgical procedure focused on removing abnormal parathyroid gland(s).
- Re-operative (Re-do) parathyroid surgery. A subsequent operation to treat parathyroid disease usually after a prior operation failed to achieve a cure.
- Thyroidectomy. A surgical procedure through a small neck incision that removes a part or all of the thyroid gland.
Vanderbilt Endocrine Surgery Center
Medical Center East
1215 21st Ave. S., Suite 8210
Nashville, TN 37232
Phone: (615) 343-8332
Map and Directions
Vanderbilt Endocrine Surgery Clarksville
800 Weatherly Drive, Suite 201
Clarksville, TN 37043
Phone: (615) 436-9981
Map and Directions
For Referring Physicians
To refer patients for endocrine surgery, call our team at (615) 322-2391.
Related Programs and Services