MyWeightLossHealth for Employers
Weight Loss That Works for You
Approximately 40% of Americans suffer from obesity. Many of these individuals are also managing co-morbid conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or type 2 diabetes. Obesity-related complications significantly increase absenteeism and lower overall productivity, while also driving up healthcare costs.
Employees who have BMIs of 35 or higher should be a top priority within your benefits plan. This is a medically complex population that needs more than mobile apps and step trackers to restore their health. They need intensive interventions in the form of medical, or surgical, weight loss.
Recent research shows that a 5–10% reduction of weight decreases the risk of metabolic syndrome by more than 20%. Our experienced team consistently produces these types of results.
A Smarter Approach to Weight Loss
MyWeightLossHealth combines Vanderbilt’s world-class medical care with a reimagined approach that delivers a better experience for your employees while still ensuring appropriateness of care. We offer two bundle options for employees with BMIs greater than 35: a medical weight loss bundle, and a surgical weight loss bundle that includes two procedures: Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (“Gastric Sleeve”) and Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass (“Gastric Bypass”).
Our goal is to deliver the right level of care to each individual. We ensure that only patients who can truly benefit from surgery are enrolled in the surgical weight loss bundle, while providing medical weight loss support as an alternative route where appropriate.
With MyWeightLossHealth, you benefit from:
Reduced risk – With a bundle agreement, we assume risk for the financial and clinical outcomes of our weight loss interventions and surgeries. For one predictable price, your employees gain access to a comprehensive approach that delivers high-quality results.
Sound decisions – Only patients who can truly benefit from surgery will be enrolled in a surgical weight loss bundle, while others will embark on a non-surgical journey to better health.
Meaningful outcomes – Our weight loss interventions and surgeries produce long-term health benefits for patients, often greatly reducing or eliminating conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and type 2 diabetes.
Concierge treatment – From assisting with surgery prep to check-ins during recovery, our patient navigators will help your employees manage their care at every step of the process.
Turnkey implementation – You don’t have to redesign your current benefit plan, and there’s no membership fee or PMPM costs for joining our weight loss bundles. You are simply offering a better experience for your employees who seek weight loss support, while protecting your benefits budget.
Learn more about:
- An experienced team. Our board-certified physicians are specially trained and experienced in all aspects of weight loss. These specialists partner with a team of nurses, dietitians, nurse practitioners, licensed social workers and psychologists to help transform patients’ lives.
- Advancing research and treatments. As part of an academic medical center, our team is continually exploring new and innovative approaches to weight loss. To help patients achieve life-changing results, we streamline access to the latest proven treatment options.
- A comprehensive approach. We recognize that a weight-loss journey doesn’t just encompass physical aspects—there are emotional facets to consider as well. That’s why we also offer connections to our psychologists, support groups and other health resources.
- Long-term support. From initial evaluation through appointments to follow-up support groups, our team encourages patients every step of the way. Patients receive life-long guidance on lifestyle changes, nutrition education, exercise and medications for continued success.
Let's Get Started
Are you ready for change? Let us show you how MyWeightLossHealth can make healthcare work better for your employees and your bottom line. Contact our Employer Solutions team at:
- Email: EmployerSolutions@vumc.org
- Phone: (615) 343-9520