Comprehensive Care Clinic
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic is a medical home for people living with HIV disease. We provide high quality, affordable medical care for your whole health, beyond focusing on your HIV status.
Conditions We Treat
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
Meet Your Care Team
- HIV Prevention, Including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Viral Hepatitis
- General Infectious Diseases, HIV Prevention, Including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, Infectious Diseases, Viral Hepatitis
- General Infectious Diseases, HIV Prevention, Including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, Infectious Diseases, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Health, Transgender Health
Why Choose Comprehensive Care Clinic at Vanderbilt
- Compassionate care
Our team treats patients with dignity and respect.
We provide crucial secondary and support programs to help you stay well and avoid hospital stays.
- Recognized care
We are certified as a Primary Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission. This recognizes increased access to healthcare, continuity of care and patient-centered care. We are also designated as an HIV Center of Excellence by the Tennessee Department of Health for superior level of care and coordinated delivery system for persons living with HIV.
- Skilled clinicians
The Comprehensive Care Clinic includes doctors and nurse practitioners with many years of experience caring for people who are HIV positive. Many members of our team have Infectious Diseases Certified HIV training. To provide comprehensive care, our team of experts also includes a pharmacist, psychiatric nurse practitioners, mental health counselors and behavioral health consultants, a dietitian, social workers, intake coordinators, referral specialists and more. Together we provide expert care for your HIV-related needs and your health in general.
- Care coordinators
We have a team of nurse case managers and social workers who will ensure you understand your disease and help you navigate insurance plans and payment options to keep your costs as low as possible. Our nurse case managers will help you be sure you’re taking the right medications at the right time, in the right amounts and with the correct refills.
- Partners in care
We coordinate with other community-based organizations serving people with HIV to create a center of excellence for HIV/AIDS treatment.
- Clinical trials
As part of an academic medical center, we offer access to some of the most promising new approaches being tested in clinical trials. Find a clinical trial.
- Online health portal
We want to make your experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. You can use our secure online portal, My Health at Vanderbilt, to contact your care team 24/7, schedule appointments, manage medications and access your medical records.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Pathology and other laboratory tests
- HIV obstetrics clinic
- Consultation on paying for treatment
- Medication education counseling
- Mental health services
- Nutrition services