Professional Voice Services
The Vanderbilt Voice Center is nationally renowned for the care of the professional voice. Our team of laryngologists, speech-language pathologists and singing-voice specialists can diagnose, treat and provide ongoing care for your voice disorder. Our team also offers services for people affected by other throat conditions, including swallowing or airway disorders.
We understand the demands that you put on your voice and the damage that overuse can inflict. We offer comprehensive care to help you maintain healthy vocal cords, so your voice can be heard.
Conditions We Treat
- Voice changes
- Pain with vocalization
- Fluctuations in voice quality
- Alteration in vocal range
- Trouble with your singing voice that does not affect your speaking voice
Meet Your Care Team
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Voice Disorders
- Airway Reconstruction, Breathing Disorders, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Swallow Disorders, Voice Disorders
- Airway Reconstruction, Breathing Disorders, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Voice Disorders
Why Choose Professional Voice Services at Vanderbilt
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure you receive the best possible care.
- Skilled clinicians
Vanderbilt has one of the oldest and most prestigious training programs for laryngologists in the nation. All of our laryngologists have completed fellowships and logged extensive experience in caring for people with voice disorders.
- Long-term care
Your voice is your instrument. Our specialized team of clinicians will identify the likely causes of your voice problems. We will teach you how to maintain your instrument to prevent avoidable problems from developing in the future.
- Specialized care
At Vanderbilt Voice Center, you have access to all of the voice specialists you may need. Our dedicated team of laryngologists, speech-language pathologists and singing-voice specialists offer the full spectrum of care at one location for your convenience. This not only makes it easy for our team of specialists to collaborate, but also allows you to focus solely on restoring your voice.
- Recognized care
Musicians from all over the world come to Vanderbilt for care because of our proven outcomes. We won’t drop any names, but we guarantee you would recognize many of the vocalists we have worked with to restore their voices to their normal sound.
Tests, Treatments and Services
To treat polyps, cysts, nodules, lesions or other conditions of the vocal cords, our team provides:
- Oral medications
- Surgical removal of polyps, cysts or lesions
- Behavioral therapy
- Physical therapy