View and Change Account Settings
The following instructions will help you manage your My Health at Vanderbilt account. If you lose your password or forget your username, our step-by-step instructions will guide you through the process.
To access your account settings, select “Your Menu” at the top left side of the screen and scroll to the bottom. Under “Account Settings” select “Security Settings.” This will prompt you to enter your current password and then enter the new password.
My Health at Vanderbilt Help
Resetting your password
You may need to reset your password before you log in to your account or if you get locked out of your account. Remember, your password cannot be the same as your My Health username. For increased security, you must use a combination of numbers and letters (lowercase and uppercase) in your password.
To reset your My Health account password:
- Click on "Update Password" on the home page.
- Enter your information and click "Next."
- We will verify you using our third-party system and you will be prompted to enter and confirm your new password. Remember, you must use a combination of numbers and letters (lowercase and uppercase) in your password.
- Click “Next.”
- To change your security question/answer, enter your password, and then click on the dropdown to select the question you would like to answer, then type the answer.
- Click “Save Security Question” when finished.
You have now successfully changed your password. Make sure to keep your password in a safe place, if you need help remembering it.
Recovering your My Health username
If you forget your My Health username, you can still access your account by submitting a request to recover it. You will then receive an email to the address on file in your account.
If you are still having trouble or do not have a valid email address on file, contact our help desk at (615) 343-4357 for help accessing your account.
To recover your username:
- From the log-in screen of My Health at Vanderbilt, choose “Forgot Username?” that appears under the green sign in button.
- Fill in your first name, last name, last 4 digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth.
- Click “Submit” on the bottom of the screen.
You will then receive an email to the address on file in your My Health account.
Changing your password
You may want to change your password from time to time. Remember, your password cannot be the same as your My Health username. For security reasons, you must use a combination of numbers and letters (lowercase and uppercase).
To reset your password:
- Go to MyHealthAtVanderbilt.com and select "Update Password"
- Fill in the information on this screen.
- We will verify you using our third-party system and send an email to the email address associated with your account. Please click on the link in the email you receive to reset your password.
To update your password and security questions:
- Click on "Settings" from the top menu and select "Security Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter and confirm your new password. Remember, you must use a combination of numbers and letters (lowercase and uppercase).
- Click "Save Password."
- To change your security question/answer, enter your password, then click on the dropdown to select the question you would like to answer.
- Click "Save Security Question."
You now have successfully changed your password and security question. Make sure you store your password in a safe place.
Updating your account preferences, including scheduling, notification settings and caregiver information
To update your mailing address and personal information:
- Select “Your Menu” at the top left and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Under “Account Settings” select “Personal Information” to update any demographic information. You will see the patient information we have on record for this account.
- To update information shown, select “Edit” in any of the tiles to update that tiles information.
- If you are updating your information, enter your updates and choose “Save Changes” at the bottom of the selected tile. Allow 24 hours for information to be updated.
To update your email address:
- Click on "Settings" from the top menu and select "My Profile" from the drop-down menu. You will see the patient information we have on record for this account.
- To update information shown, choose “Change E-mail Address” from under the patient information section.
- Click on the blue pencil image next to your email address.
- Type the email address where you would like to receive My Health at Vanderbilt notifications and click the green checkmark to complete.
Adding a delegate to your account
My Health at Vanderbilt makes it easy for you to give a loved one or caregiver access to your account. We call that person with access to your account a delegate.
Your delegate can have access to all of the following areas of your account or only those areas you authorize:
- Secure messaging (only one delegate can have access to secure messaging)
- View and pay bills
- View insurance
- Prescription alerts
- View clinical record
- View appointments
- View and update your personal information
You can remove a delegate's access to any function at any time. If you invite someone to be your delegate, you accept full responsibility for giving and removing access.
In the event of your death, the delegate may continue to access the account for 30 days. After that, the account will be locked to protect the patient's medical information.
NOTE: The delegate must have his or her own My Health at Vanderbilt account with a unique username and password, even if they are not a patient. Register Here.
To assign a delegate your My Health account:
- Select “Your Menu” at the top left.
- Scroll down to "Sharing."
- Select “Share My Record” under “Sharing.”
- In the top selection “Share with People” there is an option “Invite a Delegate” this is the option you will choose when inviting a delegate.
- Once you have selected “Invite a Delegate” it will take you to the next page. Select the "Invite a Delegate" tile.
- Complete the delegate information. You must know the delegate’s name and email address to send the invitation.
- You can choose the type of access to give a delegate below the delegate's information you have entered.
- Choose “Send Invite” at the bottom of the screen.