Keeping Safe During COVID-19
Staying safe is essential. So is your health.
As always, our top priority is safety—for you, our patients, as well as our employees and surrounding community.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our safety practices have followed the guidance of experts like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The CDC recently announced updates to its guidance about wearing masks and "social distancing." As a result, our practices on our campuses and in our hospitals, clinics and other buildings are as follows:
- Masks are required for everyone inside areas where we provide patient care—all hospitals and clinics.
- Masks are also required for everyone in areas where patients and visitors are likely to be. This includes hallways, cafeterias, lobbies and entrances to buildings that are used for both patient care and other work, like administration or research.
- Masks are required for everyone on all VUMC shuttles.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- We screen employees, patients and visitors for fever or other symptoms. Just as before the pandemic, if you're running a fever or otherwise feeling sick, we ask that you not visit or come to work.
- We maintain restrictions on visitation. See the latest visitation policies here.
We'll continue to enforce the masking requirement inside patient care areas, as recommended by the CDC. As the pandemic continues to evolve, we'll continue to review our safety practices.