Should I go to the ER or Urgent Care?
When should I go to the Emergency Department?
- Severe shortness of breath or wheezing
- Severe stomach pain
- Loss of balance or fainting
- Severe weakness or paralysis
- Severe heart palpitations
- Loss of vision
- Head injuries
- Broken bones or dislocated joints
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- High fevers or fevers with rash
- Repeated vomiting
- Serious burns
- Seizures without a previous diagnosis of epilepsy
When should I go to an urgent care clinic?
- Common sprains (ankle, wrist, etc.)
- Painful urination
- Sore throat