At Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, we treat you, not just your cancer. We provide holistic care for the whole person, including your physical, emotional and spiritual needs. We integrate research-based complementary medicine practices such as yoga and acupuncture alongside traditional treatments like surgery and chemotherapy.
We go beyond fighting cancer. We work with you toward achieving long-term healing and wellness.
Integrative Medicine: Why Choose Vanderbilt-Ingram
Our integrative medicine specialists provide the expert, skilled and comprehensive care you expect from Vanderbilt-Ingram:
- Research-based care: Our integrative medicine techniques don’t just feel good – they are actually proven by research to promote healing and wellness. Yoga, acupuncture, massage and mindfulness work together with other treatment techniques to provide comprehensive physical and mental care.
- Less invasive treatment: Integrative medicine promotes your body’s natural ability to heal. Sometimes, we can use a less invasive complementary medicine approach to achieve the same results as a traditional treatment.
- Side effect management: Our integrative medicine treatments can help you manage side effects of cancer treatments. We also offer counseling to help you manage the psychological and emotional effects of dealing with cancer.
- Expert team: Cancer care is a collaborative effort. Our cancer specialists and integrative medicine specialists work together to help determine the most effective treatment path for you. We discuss your options for therapies that will help your body and spirit.
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt
Specialists at the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt work with our cancer teams to help patients feel better and promote healing. We offer a wide range of evidence-based complementary care, including:
- Group therapy
- Massage therapy
- Mind-body counseling
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Movement classes
- Nutrition counseling
Learn more about the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt.
Comprehensive Post-Treatment Support
Cancer may affect all aspects of your life, and its effects can linger even after treatments are completed. We offer robust support services – including a unique survivorship program– to help you during treatment and in your life after treatment.