When you volunteer at Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks, you make a difference in someone’s life. Our volunteers bring patients and visitors comfort, convenience and hope.
Volunteer opportunities at One Hundred Oaks are available weekdays only.
- Guest Ambassador: Welcome patients and families with a smile, directions and an offer to guide them to appointments. Wheelchair training is provided.
- Vanderbilt Breast Center: Greet patients as they arrive for their mammograms and help direct them to dressing rooms. Provide patients with blankets, gowns and other necessities.
- Center for Women’s Health: Welcome families and offer assistance as needed. Help patients sign up for My Health at Vanderbilt, our patient portal. Help entertain children of all ages in waiting rooms.
- Dermatology Greeter: Greet and communicate with families of patients who are undergoing MOHS procedures.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Waiting Room Buddy: We need volunteers to provide entertaining activities for children (many are age 10 and under) in our waiting room. These children are usually siblings of patients receiving physical or occupational therapy. We provide games, cards and crafts to support you in this role.
- Musicians: You can share your musical talents by providing soft, relaxing music for patients, guests and staff as they arrive. Music sets the tone for a calm environment. Currently, we only accept acoustic music.
- Pet Therapy Teams: An adult volunteer and a therapy animal visit patients and families in their rooms, greet them walking the halls or comfort them in our waiting rooms.
- Vanderbilt Sewing Club at One Hundred Oaks: Bring your sewing machine to help sew items for patients, including care caps, heart pillows, post-surgical drain aprons, and lap blankets. This volunteer group normally meets on the third Monday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Card-Making Club: Help make cards our staff deliver to patients or to family members after a loss. The club usually meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 3:00 p.m.
- Donations Wish Lists: – Want to help but can’t make a weekly commitment? Organizing a donation drive of much-needed items is a meaningful way to serve. We accept magazines that are up to 6 months old. To schedule a delivery, contact Julie Bulger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the Pediatric Rehabilitation Wish List.
For more information and to receive a volunteer application, please call Julie Bulger at (615) 936-4800 or email email@example.com.