Adult Spinal Deformity
The Vanderbilt Adult Spinal Deformity Program cares for individuals 18 years and older with spinal deformities. Our goals are to reduce your pain, increase your physical functional ability and, when appropriate, restore normal spinal alignment. We provide physical therapy, injections and medications, as well as specialized surgeries for even the most complex cases.
Meet Your Care Team
- Adult Orthopaedics, Cervical Spine, Lumbar Spine, Neurological Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Spinal Deformity
- Congenital Malformations of the Brain and Spinal Cord, Craniofacial Surgery, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Neurologic Surgery
- Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Spine, Spine, Comprehensive, Tumors of the Spine and Spinal Cord
- Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors, Cervical Spine, Neurologic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Spinal Deformity, Spinal Surgery, Spine
Why Choose Vanderbilt to Treat Adult Spinal Deformity
- Skilled clinicians
Our care team — from operating room technicians to anesthesiologists to surgeons to floor nurses — specializes in spine care. Additionally, our surgeons have the fellowship training and expertise that equips them to handle everything from more common surgeries to the most complex. This includes addressing problems left or caused by prior surgeries.
- Team approach
For the most complex cases, two experienced surgeons on our team take the lead together. This collaboration reduces blood loss, complications and the time you’ll spend in the operating room. It also enhances your recovery time.
- Personalized care
We tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your treatment options to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
- Superior outcomes
On average, our patients report significant improvements in pain, general health and quality of life after treatment.
- Long-term follow-up
Unlike any other spine center in the region, the Vanderbilt Spine Center carefully tracks how our patients are doing, even years after surgery. We use this information to improve how we care for patients every day.
- Second opinions
A second opinion can help you make the best decisions. We review your medical history, diagnostic tests, any previous treatments and your personal preferences to provide you with an informed opinion.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Medication management
- Physical therapy, including water-based physical therapy
- Steroid injections
- Pain blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Spinal stimulators