COVID-19 Asymptomatic Testing
Vanderbilt Health Employer Solutions now offers a much-anticipated service for Tennessee employers: Asymptomatic COVID-19 testing. Vanderbilt Health Employer Solutions has developed the new service to help you identify asymptomatic employees and enable important professional activities and vital business gatherings to move forward with this additional safety measure in place.
Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing: Get Started
Click the button below to request asymptomatic testing for your employees.
If you are an employer who has already arranged for asymptomatic testing and you have questions, please call (615) 819-5328.
About Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing
The service features:
- Reliable testing methods. Vanderbilt Health nurses collect the nasal swab tests, and PathGroup, one of Nashville’s most reliable, speediest testing companies, handles the lab processing and results. The service uses a PCR test to detect the genetic information of the virus—the best way to tell if someone has COVID-19 but is asymptomatic.
- Convenience. Vanderbilt Health clinicians can mobilize to employers’ desired location and conduct an on-site clinic or drive-through service. Employers can also choose to send their employees to a designated Vanderbilt Health clinic location for this test.
- Clinical support. For those employees who test positive for COVID-19, Employer Solutions can step in to provide training on next steps and facilitated access to care, if needed. Our clinicians are supported by VUMC's infectious disease experts, the same ones who have been engaging with the Middle Tennessee employer community as well as contributing significant public health outreach and education throughout the pandemic.
- Flexibility. The service can be customized to an employers’ needs and can even be bundled with flu vaccination or biometric screenings for added prevention and detection of other health issues.
- Reasonable prices. Pricing is market competitive and depends on the number of tests, the location and type of screening event, and the reporting detail requested.
Asymptomatic COVID-19 testing service is for adults only and should not be used on anyone who is symptomatic. It is also not to be used if you’re seeking a negative test following a positive result or to end a period of quarantine after sustained exposure. Asymptomatic COVID-19 testing should never be used as a standalone strategy for a return-to-work program. Additional health and safety procedures need to be in place, such as masking, social distancing and daily symptom screenings, to reduce the likelihood of infection.